How are categories added to groups?

Johnbuko
Johnbuko Member
Assign categories to group popup does nothing. Why?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am assuming you are talking about the Budget.  If not, please be more specific.
    After assigning categories to a group you need to then click on the Manage Budget Categories button and then select the Group and the Categories in the Group that you want to be included in the Budget.  If you do not do this then the Group and its Categories will not show up in the Budget.
    Did this answer your question?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Johnbuko
    Johnbuko Member
    Trying to do this from category list. At bottom of category list, in lower left is button to assign category. Click on that and popup window will do nothing. Thought older version would let me do that. It has been several years since I have used Quicken.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    From the category list.  Options -> Assign category group and that should bring up this dialog:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Firefish
    Firefish Member
    Does this only assign to custom groups then? Once upon a time, someone created all our business expense categories as personal expenses. I would really like to get them into the right group. But the dropdown doesn't show the category groups that Quicken comes with.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Business expenses work a bit differently than the adding of custom category groups because they already are built-in to the program even for the non-business editions.  If you take a category and assign it a business tax line it will automatically be added to the business income or expense group. Note than in the non-business editions the business income/expense category groups will be hidden until you add a business tax line to a category.

Note that for other category groups you might want the is a Add/Rename Custom Group button in the dialog I posted in my other comment.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.