Some quicken transactions randomly disappear when I save and close quicken and open it again.

Options
pjahed
pjahed Member
After downloading transactions from a bank, I reconcile the quicken register with the bank download with no issues.
However, next time I open the register, the quicken register balance has changed and naturally the accounts shows as "not reconciled". I have to then recheck all the register transactions and identify the ones that dropped or disappeared from the register and enter them back again to reconcile. Sometimes these disappeared transactions go back a few month.
So, I have a quicken account which is unstable and unreliable. It is also extremely tome consuming to go back few months to identify the dropped or disappearing transactions.
Please help.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pjahed said:
    After downloading transactions from a bank, I reconcile the quicken register with the bank download with no issues.
    However, next time I open the register, the quicken register balance has changed and naturally the accounts shows as "not reconciled". I have to then recheck all the register transactions and identify the ones that dropped or disappeared from the register and enter them back again to reconcile. Sometimes these disappeared transactions go back a few month.
    So, I have a quicken account which is unstable and unreliable. It is also extremely tome consuming to go back few months to identify the dropped or disappearing transactions.
    Please help.
    Hello @pjahed,     

We are sorry to hear about these problems with Reconciling accounts and missing transactions. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance. 

First, is this occurring with only one account? When did this issue begin? Have you tried restoring from a recent backup? We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file.  

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Mr. Gilman
    Options
    +1 here. I'm experiencing the same issue and it's all Banking accounts. I keep daily backups and restoring from a backup every day is not a solution to the problem. This is a big problem and needs to be addressed as it really shakes my confidence in the product. I need a tool that I find to be reliable.
This discussion has been closed.