Turn off Quicken App doing Bank Updates?

Options
QknNerd
QknNerd Member
edited February 2023 in Using the Mobile App
So my expected way to use quick is

Quicken Desktop pulls data from Banks (Banks --> Quicken Desktop)
Quicken Desktop Pulls and pushes data to Quicken Online (Quicken Desktop --> Quicken Online)
Quicken App Pulls and pushes to Quicken Online

So I do 99% of my stuff from Quicken Desktop but when I am at the store and I do a purchase I will manually enter it and then reconcile it later

However every time I open android app it pops up asking me to do the 2fa for each of my bank accounts so it can update. Is there a setting to not update the banks from the app? If not why? I can choose from the desktop not to update from the banks, seems weird to not be able to turn this off.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @QknNerd,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data from your Quicken desktop program and see if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.
    1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences...
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    7. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    8. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    9. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    10. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    11. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As I understand the problem, this is a feature request, not a "bug".
    The Quicken developers have coded the Quicken Mobile App to always do an update, and you don't want that.

Note that this might not be possible.  The Quicken Mobile App is sort of the GUI for the Quicken Cloud dataset.  As such, the only way to ensure that the data it has is consistent is by making it is in sync with the Quicken Cloud dataset.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.