Investing Accounts On Quicken Desktop Are Not Syncing with Quicken Mobile

DPBlum
DPBlum Member ✭✭
I've followed the suggested fix for this as listed in Gautam Tupil's response to https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7925728/investing-accounts-on-quicken-desktop-not-syncing-with-quicken-mobile#latest, but I'm still unable to sync my desktop investment accounts with my quicken mobile. Is there any other resolution for this issue?

Quicken Deluxe
Version R46.12
Build 27.1.46.12

Comments

• Tman
    Tman Member ✭✭✭
    I’ve had the same problem for about a year. @Quicken Anja elevated it and gave me a number but no word since.
  • DPBlum
    DPBlum Member ✭✭
    Tman, did you pursue the issue or are you just satisfied with not having your investments on the mobile device?
  • Tman
    Tman Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    I’ve pursued it as much as I can. Unless and until Quicken addresses it then it remains. I speculate that it’s not a high priority for them. I can enter transactions on the mobile app and it syncs to my desktop fine. The bank accounts periodically get goofy and you have to unlink then relink them on the desktop but otherwise they sync too. It would be nice to have access to the full investment accounts on mobile and web but it’s up to Quicken. According to @Quicken Anja they know about it. Here is her message to me:
    Hello Tman,

I went ahead and checked internally and have been able to confirm that your issues have been escalated internally. Your escalation ticket number is T2-ESC - 9474628. Due to this escalation, teams and other channels outside of the escalation team are unable to provide further troubleshooting as it can interfere with the escalation itself.

Escalated issues unfortunately do not have an ETA on resolution. However, our escalation team will reach out to you directly via email if more information is needed or if further troubleshooting is required.

Thank you,
    Anja
  • Tman
    Tman Member ✭✭✭
    > @DPBlum said:
    > Tman, did you pursue the issue or are you just satisfied with not having your investments on the mobile device?
  • dagalbraith
    dagalbraith Member ✭✭
    You just have to ask yourself why this application is so bad. Personal Capital, Mint, all the others get the synching thing on everything, including crypto...right out of the gate. Quicken has been a problem now for more than a year and they just don't seem to know how to get it right. Given my history with the program it is hard to part with it but enough is enough. Either they are trying to do too much or they simply don't know how to do it.
  • DPBlum
    DPBlum Member ✭✭
    Tman, Looks like I was able to resolve my issue with investment accounts not syncing. It was by trial and error, ok by accident. I was trying to solve another account issue, so I changed my account email and password, then did a cloud reset. This didn't solve my other issue nor did it resolve the investment accounts not syncing. However, it did create another new issue for me, now my desktop quicken application would not let me into it. So I did another account change, going back to the original email and password, and another cloud reset. Boom, this time the investment accounts were syncing, and I was able to access the desktop version of quicken. It also miraculously solved my other issue of the budget not syncing. A word of caution, I have not had time to test the mobile version or the website version, I have only reviewed the numbers and on the surface all appear to be populating correctly and like i said now my budget issue is also resolved too. However, in process of all of this I did lose a small amount of data on one account. These id, password, and cloud resets somehow corrupted a single repeating historic entry. I was able to resolve it with a simple single adjustment, as the specifics of the historic entries no longer were important to me. I hope this helps you with your investment account syncing issue.
  • Tman
    Tman Member ✭✭✭
    Interesting. My problem is a bit different. What I have is that the securities with a symbol that begins with "A" will not sync either to Quicken Mobile OR Quicken Web. My budget comes over fine to Quicken Mobile and most of the stocks do as well BUT I can only see that when I look at net worth. If I try to go into investments within Mobile from the dashboard it goes white and locks up. I have to restart. Now, I know it is symbols starting with an "A" because one of my accounts has a mutual fund whose symbol starts with an A and this is the only holding and within Net Worth it says $0.00! Same in Quicken web. The cloud for Quicken does not like securities that have a symbol that starts with an "A". Crazy. Everything else words except USAA which I am told is a known issue since they changed their security awhile back.
This discussion has been closed.