Can't add new account

I just downloaded a new purchase of Quicken and uploaded a backup file via thumb drive from a departing business partner. I can do transaction accounting and editing on both accounts he established, but I am unable to add our new accounts. I have tried it via the "+" (add account) button next to 'ACCOUNTS' and via the 'TOOLS' button ... 'Add Account' but nothing happens. Any ideas? I have not had this problem on my persoanl version of Quicken on the same computer system.

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @SynodofBPC,

Before you opened the backup file, did you remove the extension "-backup" from the file?  If not, then close the file (or close Quicken), then remove the backup extension from the file name and open up the datafile again.  That should fix it.

Let me know how that goes and/or if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.