Two Mortgage Accounts with One Asset Account

Options
shelquis
shelquis Member ✭✭✭
Welp, I've messed this up. I had an existing Asset account with a Linked Loan account. Now that Rocket Mortgage is reported to be downloading again, I added a new loan account. So now I've got 2 loan accounts. The original loan account is still linked to its asset account. How do I switch that so that the asset account will be linked to the new loan account which has express web connect for downloads? I'm reluctant to delete the original loan account, because I'm not sure what the ramifications of that would be. Please help me find my way out of this [mess]-up. Thanks.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @shelquis,

Thank you for taking the time to report your issue here in the Community, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Based on the issue you described, it would be better suited for you to please reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• shelquis
    shelquis Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Anja. I appreciate your prompt reply (especially since I didn't receive any suggestions from the community at large ;) )
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @shelquis, please post back with the response you get from Support. I, too, would like to know how to correct this issue.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• shelquis
    shelquis Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @mshiggins I finally had time to contact Quicken support today. Spent several hours on the phone. Here's the scoop from today's marathon session. First and foremost, once you De-activate a loan account, you're [Removed - Language]. There's no way, even for Quicken Support personnel, to re-activate an online connection with the Mortgage company. Instead, it is necessary to create a new loan account that can connect online. The new loan is linked to the existing asset account. The downside is that the new loan account is just that, a new loan account. There's no way to capture the loan history from the original loan account and include it in the new loan account. The new loan created starts from now. I hid the original loan account, so if I need to refer to the history later, it'll be available in a hidden account. I was very disappointed with this solution, but my Quicken support person assured me NUMEROUS times, this was the only solution for me, but that was because I had several months of de-activation and told her that the option of reverting to a backup Quicken file dated prior to the de-activation was not acceptable to me due to the difficulty of rebuilding the Quicken file for those missing months. If I can be of further help, let me know.
This discussion has been closed.