R47.7 Issues and Q&A [edit]

MrLeeL
MrLeeL Member ✭✭
Hello, I have issues with R47.7.
1. I updated automatically as prompted by quicken. Well, the discussion for the release says, to run OSU and Back up to the cloud FIRST. Should that not be an option BEFORE quicken automatically updates your desktop Product? Yes, I am at the latest Windows 11 patch level.
2. the release notes in the community is a closed topic. So What the heck???
3. It says you can go to register preferences to turn on "Select Row Style".
a. you have to find it since there is no link
b. there is nothing in help for this in register preferences that you can search for.
c. There is no Select Row Style feature except for ROW SPACING. (edit -> Preferences -> register).
4. How does one turn it on since it is only automatic for NEW USERS?
5. How come the preferences are NOT UPDATED with the release?
6. How come the help has not been updated?
comment: It appears that there was NO QA done on this release.
I would appreciate some instructions from quicken
Thank you
Tagged:

Comments

• FCM999
    FCM999 Member
    (re:3)The "Selected Row Style" is in the per-Register preferences menu (gear/'*' drop-down in upper right of account window, see attached PNG if it will display.) It's not on the Edit | Preferences | Register application menu. (I did find the note, "in your register menu", confusing and first looked in the Register menu on the application Edit | Preferences dialog before finding it on the per-account preferences menu. It makes sense to be there but I suffered similar confusion to the OP on this thread.)
    (re:1) I also find the sequencing sequencing guidance for updates to accounts and to the program itself to be confusing. I've never understood nor see the need why you should update the accounts before updating the program. Also, I keep an archive backup of the Quicken DB after every use of Quicken (cloud storage is cheep ..) so I know I have a backup before any event like an update and just don't sweat the detail on this instruction.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2  The release notes is closed because it is to announce the notes.  It is not meant to discuss them.  Start a new thread if you want to discuss a change/fix listed.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Steven Green
    Steven Green Member ✭✭
    Patch R47.7 - feature absent (highlighting new transactions) and new problem (wrong price for securities).
    1) the feature to highlight new transactions is not present. The register preferences (from the gear) do not contain a Select Row Style option.
    2) The correct value for some securities in different accounts as shown in the Investing Portfolio overview has been replaced on start-up with new WRONG values. Sometimes wildly wrong -- e.g. $14.70 instead of the correct $1. Happens only with a few different securities but happens every time. [Same comment by me left in a different thread as well.)
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing that Quicken released this version for all users rather than a test base first. It's a concern about a subscription model that users are locked in and the developers can use everyone to beta test.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing that Quicken released this version for all users rather than a test base first. It's a concern about a subscription model that users are locked in and the developers can use everyone to beta test.
    It is still in staged release as of 1/29/23 in the morning.  This is what is offered if you do a Check for Updates from within the program:

R47.7 is available at latest patch, but they tend to change it before general release so that users that run Quicken on two computers can patch the second computer to match the first if they were "lucky" enough to get the staged release on it.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    @splasher It was announced like this "The latest Quicken for Windows release R47.7 is now live and available to all users."

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7928389/windows-r47-xx-release-us

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leishirsute You got me there with that announcement, shame that the Devs haven't told the program that yet as shown by my screenshot.
    It sure would be nice if the left and right hands could get the story consistent.
    I know some of the superusers ride the mods pretty hard about staged releases not being promptly added to the generic release announcements (the one you cited), but to me, "available to all users" would include the program offering the release via the "Check for Updates" on the Help menu which it currently doesn't.
    I fully agree with your second sentence in your first post, I don't participate in Beta testing anymore, so I don't know how thoroughly this stuff is tested before release, but it seems that a lot of issues aren't being caught.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 5 since R47.7 went live for everyone.  Yet Quicken still shows that my installation can be updated only to R46.12, not to R47.7. So, updating from within Quicken to R47.7 is still not possible. 
    But the Mondo Patch is R47.7 so those wishing to update to it can  manually downloaded and install that.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    R47.11 is now out.  It may or may not be "staged" since it is available from Help->Check for update but it isn't at latest patch yet.

• bkinva
    bkinva Member ✭✭✭
    > @Steven Green said:
    > Patch R47.7 - feature absent (highlighting new transactions) and new problem (wrong price for securities).
    > 1) the feature to highlight new transactions is not present. The register preferences (from the gear) do not contain a Select Row Style option.

Does anyone know if this is a mistake between calling it "highlight new transactions" (as stated in the Release Notes) and "set a preference to highlight the row you are working on" (as stated in the What's New in Quicken window)?

Otherwise I cannot find where to change the register to highlight NEW transactions... can only see the option to toggle between highlighting/shading and outlining the current row/transaction that's selected.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    splasher said:
    R47.11 is now out.  It may or may not be "staged" since it is available from Help->Check for update but it isn't at latest patch yet.
    R47.11 is now the latest Mondo Patch.  I don't think they staged this one....looks to me like it went straight to full general release.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    splasher said:
    R47.11 is now the latest Mondo Patch.  I don't think they staged this one....looks to me like it went straight to full general release.
    Agree, but they didn't update the announcement in this forum.   :/
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • cprgolds
    cprgolds Member ✭✭✭
    I have updated to 47.11.  I can find the "Select Row Type" for most of my accounts, but not for investment accounts.

I also have not found the highlight new transactions switch yet.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    cprgolds said:
    I have updated to 47.11.  I can find the "Select Row Type" for most of my accounts, but not for investment accounts.

I also have not found the highlight new transactions switch yet.
    Investment accounts aren't "normal accounts" and as such unless they specifically call them out, most likely any reference to register enhancements don't include investment accounts.  In fact, Quicken tends to call these "investment transaction lists" just to point out they aren't the same, and behave differently.

EDIT:

The "highlight" they are talking about is the "Select Row Type".  You have either shaded (which is what it did in the past) and outlined.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.