Loan (Split)

Options
What happened to the Loan 'Split Transaction' after the latest update???? The amounts are different, and one payment category does not appear any more. SO the whole loan split is incomplete/wrong. I NOW have to calculate (each month by hand) the principal payment amount, interest amount, and extra principal amount....and then enter the split information manually.
It appears to have gone bonkers between 12/28/2022 and 1/28/2023.

Answers

• epicmountain
    Options
    I'm having the same issue as well. Seems to appear in all loan transactions. In the bill/income screen if I look at the splits they are correct. When I enter the transaction however, the splits are zero and there is an uncategorized entry for the loan amount.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The issue appears to be related to R46.12 which was released on 1/12/2023.  (R46.12 was a hot fix for some issues with R46.9.)
    I was hoping that R47.7, which was released on 1/25/2023, would have fixed this split categories issue but I don't see it listed in the Release Notes nor have I been seeing posts from other users that it fixed this issue.
    As it stands right now, the only way to eliminate this issue is to revert to R44.XX (there are other issues with R45.XX so it is not recommended to revert to one of those versions).  If you do decide to revert to R44.XX I recommend going with R44.20 because for me it seems to be the most stable and trouble-free.  But there are others who say they have not been having any issues with other R44.XX versions.  You can download and install earlier version Mondo Patches from https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has.  All you need to do is download and save the file for the version you want and then double-click on that saved file.  It will revert your current Quicken version to the version you selected.  If the split categories are still messed up after doing this, then you might want to try restoring a backup file from just before when you first started seeing this issue.
    Note:  If you revert to anything earlier than R46.XX you will lose the ability to use Tax Planner for 2023 because R46.XX added Tax Planner support for 2023.  When they fix this split categories issue with a new version you can update to it and that should restore use of Tax Planner for 2023.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The short answer with the pertinent workaround from the discussion @Boatnmaniac referenced:

The loan payment split problem only occurs for Reminders Entered manually:

Auto-Enter loan payment reminders don't exhibit the problem.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Son_of_Moon
    Son_of_Moon Member ✭✭
    Options
    What does this mean: "Auto-Enter loan payment reminders don't exhibit the problem."

My loan was started over a year ago, and had been working fine. Each month, Quicken would adjust the interest amount down while the principal payment increased accordingly. So isn't that the definition of "Auto-Enter loan"? And yet that is precisely where we are having problems.
    The only time, now, that I DON'T have a problem is when I insert the numbers manually.

Unfortunately, this loan will last another 60 months. But I, myself, wont revert back to an older version (it's too complicated for me). I'll stick with manually correcting Quicken, until they figure out there's a problem, and fix it. But thanks, all.
  • mshiggins
    Options
    What does this mean: "Auto-Enter loan payment reminders don't exhibit the problem."

There are two ways to Enter reminders. You can initiate the reminder Entry manually or you can set up the reminder to Enter automatically. Set your loan reminder to auto enter instead of initiating the reminder entry manually. 

• Son_of_Moon
    Son_of_Moon Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks but....my loan IS set up to be automatic. As I said, it was set up (in Quicken) and had been working fine for over a year. Each month, Quicken would calculate the exact amounts (ie principal payment amount, interest amount, and extra principal amount) which would AUTOMATICALLY change each month. I didn't manually set those three amounts each month.
    It IS the Auto-Enter loan that has the problem. And because of this problem, the wrong numbers (which Quicken calculates) show up in the split, so I now have to go in and correct the numbers manually.

Thus it is the Auto-Entered loan splits that DON'T work now, and the manually corrected splits that DO work. (Maybe the problem I have is different than your solution???)
    signed: Frustrated
  • mshiggins
    Options
    When referring to automatically Entering the loan reminder into the account register, I am NOT referring to automatic calculation of the amount principal and interest. 

Every reminder has reminder entry options:
    1. Be reminded to enter the reminder X days in advance
    2. Automatically enter the reminder X days in advance. 
    I am referring to the 2nd reminder entry option. 

• compucandi
    compucandi Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same issue...now all of my split transactions (which are, for the most part, mortgage-related) are showing up as Uncategorized Transactions. I noticed too that they are not updating the accounts for the necessary amounts. While the automatic entry hack may work (I'll have to wait 2 weeks before I find out), I find it a hack to get around an issue that Quicken needs to fix.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R47.11 was released yesterday and the Release Notes say that it is supposed to fix the split categories allocations issue for loans.  I have not been able to confirm this but at least one person has posted that it does appear to have fixed the issue: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20335771#Comment_20335771.
    If you wish to update to R47.11 you should be able to do that from within Quicken but I recommend downloading and installing the Mondo Patch, instead, from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.