Cant get reconcile of credit card account to balance

Options
The total charges (on the left of the screen) does not match the cleared balance. What can cause this? I am certain that the total charges is correct and matches my credit card statement. Where does the cleared balance come from? How is it computed? The amount of the difference is exactly the amount of a duplicate transaction that I manually deleted. Has this confused Quicken somehow?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Marty Ch said:
    The total charges (on the left of the screen) does not match the cleared balance. What can cause this? I am certain that the total charges is correct and matches my credit card statement. Where does the cleared balance come from? How is it computed? The amount of the difference is exactly the amount of a duplicate transaction that I manually deleted. Has this confused Quicken somehow?
    Hello @Marty Ch,    

We are sorry about these difficulties with reconciling accounts. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, we will need some additional details about what is happening. Are you noticing that the amount in the Opening Balance of the account has changed? Are there any placeholder transactions appearing in the account? Also, what financial institution is associated with the account? Let us know if more than one financial institution is affected. 

Knowing the answers to these questions will help us to provide an answer in this situation.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Marty Ch Try exiting Quicken and restart the reconciliation.
This discussion has been closed.