Express Web Connect Not Working Properly

Express Web Connect accounts fail to update most of the time both under One Step Update and updating from the register. It goes through its girations and finish without any errors but if you look carefully at the Update Summary you can see that the entries for the Express Web Connect accounts have old dates and times, and this is confirmed when opening the register for these accounts. Sometimes I have retried more than 10 times most of the time with no results or just having one account or another updated. This includes accounts at Bank of America, Paypal, and Barclays and it is a consistent problem in the morning. Retrying in the evening fixes the problem at times.
Any suggestion on how to get Express Web Connect to work successfully would be most appreciated.
As a side note, I have no problems at all with Direct Connect accounts.

Comments

• Carlos Ferreira
    Carlos Ferreira Member ✭✭✭
    Another addition: resetting an account overcomes the problem for that account but only for the day of the resetting. The updates fail next days as if no resetting had been done.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Carlos Ferreira,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• gulf83
    gulf83 Member ✭✭
    same issue
  • Carlos Ferreira
    Thank you, Anja. It worked. All my accounts, including all Express Web Connect accounts, were updated correctly.
    I would suggest that Quicken should give the user a clear indication when accounts do not updated because of the problem I was having. And propose a solution as you gracefully did for me.
  • Carlos Ferreira
    Quicken Anja, I hope you can help me with a bit more convenient solution. The problem is that the problem keeps reoccurring and at least once a week I have to logout and login again. I like to run updates daily to keep all my affairs in good order and need to trust Quicken to do the work it is supposed to do. Please advise whether there is anything I can do to force Express Web Connect to work as intended. Thanks!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Carlos Ferreira ,

We are sorry about this problem with outdated or incorrect transactions information being sent via One Step Updates seeming to continue. Thank you for letting us know that this is a persistent issue.

Where is your current active data file located? You can check this by navigating to File > Show this File on my Computer… in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that your data file is located on the computer and not an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic behavior and even data damage.

I look forward to your answer.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• Carlos Ferreira
    I keep the file in the following folder c:\users\user-name\Documents\My Quicken

For example today none of my Express Connect accounts updated. Even when I went directly to an account like Paypal and do an "Update Now" it would not update. I had to follow Anja's advice and log out and back into Quicken to get the accounts to update. Do you think it would make any difference if I move the file to the traditional Quicken folder?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Carlos Ferreira ,

We are sorry about this problem with online banking services persisting for so long. Thank you for answering earlier questions about the situation.

Given the ongoing nature of the problem, and the fact that the data file appears to be otherwise in the correct location, I recommend speaking with Quicken Support by making use of the information provided here.  They will need to work with you in order to troubleshoot and diagnose this issue in greater detail with the tools and resources available to them, uniquely. I do wish that we could provide more advice from the Quicken Community, but Support's help will be necessary in this situation.

I hope that this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• Carlos Ferreira
    Thank you for the quick response. I will work with Quicken support as soon as the problem stats again in a day or two.
This discussion has been closed.