Options
Without a doubt, the thing I hate about Quicken is being asked to sign into my account, I enter my password … then watching the circle spin and never complete log in. I have tried 3 times this morning with no success. Yet, I use the same credentials to log into this web page. Jerks my chain.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @David Christopher,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

For clarification; Is the sign-in prompt a small pop-up box or a full screen that covers your entire Quicken window? It may be helpful if you could provide a screenshot of this screen. If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• David Christopher
    David Christopher Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anna, it was the middle of the screen pop up. The irritating part was I had entered a ‘buy’ transaction in my broker account … then after adding a new security, that is when the sign screen popped up. Anyway, I logged in about half an hour after ‘complaining here’ and it worked. 

This happens often but you only make us log in every so often. It is a pain and hardly works on first try.

thanks for your concern.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Thank you for providing additional details.

Since it is a pop-up, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services to see if this will eliminate receiving this repeated pop-up prompt. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Keep in mind that the sign-in pop-up dialog may continuously keep popping back up throughout this process, in which case you will need to continue closing it each time it pops up (no need to enter credentials in the pop-up) until you reach the full sign-in screen.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey David,

How often are you getting prompted to login with your Quicken ID?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• David Christopher
    Options
    Hi Mary! Long time no speak. I’d say every few months or so. I do not really track it. But I do not close Q often because it takes to long to bring back up from fresh open. (Your remember, I am Mr. Patience.) So often, when I enter transactions having not shut down first, I get the log in screen when I ‘save’ the transaction.  It is very quick when it works, but most of the times, it just spins, which riles me up. It is like the part of code that goes on the internet is frozen. 

Another irritation in this exercise, is when I tire of watching the wheel spin and do the ‘cont-alt-delete’ thing, It shows that Quicken is working. So I highlight Q and shut it down, then start over. This morning I had to shut it down 3 times before it finally worked. 

I usually just ask QuickenPerlwhiz when I need help. But this time I felt like complaining.

Dave.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Starting Quicken shouldn't be that slow.  And I wouldn't recommend keeping it running, especially lately.
    People that keep Quicken running have reported that lately Quicken is leaking key resources that make it very slow and crashes.
    I think they have said that most of that is fixed in latest version, but I would always recommend shutting down Quicken when not in use.

As for the login when not in use for long periods of time.  Well, Quicken Inc isn't transparent on exactly how they decide when to prompt, and as such I can't really give much advice on that.  But I will say that it does seem to be more geared towards people that are constantly using it.  With the exception of my testing another Quicken Id or something along those lines that is sure to trigger it, I haven't had to log into my Quicken Id while using Quicken in years.  Of course, I'm in Quicken almost every day.

Nice to hear from you David!
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • David Christopher
    Options
    Ok Chris, I started closing Q after every use. I now average 55 seconds to bring up the app to enter transactions. I have been required to ‘log in once since I originally posted. Maybe it will get better now.
    Dave
This discussion has been closed.