Quicken mobile - old account showing up, can't remove?

Ted P
Ted P Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2023 in Using the Mobile App
Setting up quicken mobile for the first time...

for some reason an old account is showing up.  This is an investment / money market account.  Quicken was really lagging with the volume of transactions, so a few years ago I closed the account within Quicken and set up a new successor account (with no change at the brokerage - just a change in set up in Quicken).  Now both the old and new ones are showing up in Mobile.  However when I go to to 'Add or remove accounts to sync' on my PC Quicken, I only see the new one as an option, not the old one.  Removing the new one doesn't get rid of the old one.

thoughts?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Ted P said:
    Setting up quicken mobile for the first time...

for some reason an old account is showing up.  This is an investment / money market account.  Quicken was really lagging with the volume of transactions, so a few years ago I closed the account within Quicken and set up a new successor account (with no change at the brokerage - just a change in set up in Quicken).  Now both the old and new ones are showing up in Mobile.  However when I go to to 'Add or remove accounts to sync' on my PC Quicken, I only see the new one as an option, not the old one.  Removing the new one doesn't get rid of the old one.

thoughts?
    Hello @Ted P,       

We are sorry about this problem with accounts that cannot be removed. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open, then proceed through the steps listed below, in order: 

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Step 2: After resetting your cloud data 

You'll need to sign out of the Mobile App and sign back in:

1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon  in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID.

Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere in between Steps 1 and 2 above remember to look at the list of accounts included in the Sync process. On your desktop / laptop select the Mobile & Web tab and remove this old account (and others, as needed) from list of accounts to sync.
  • Ted P
    Ted P Member ✭✭✭
    Great, that worked Jared!  @UKR thanks - I had already done that.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Ted P said:
    Great, that worked Jared!  @UKR thanks - I had already done that.
    Hello @Ted P,    

Thanks so much for getting back to me about your results. We are very happy to hear that the instructions provided were helpful, and that the situation appears to be resolved. 

Feel free to get back to us anytime with any additional questions or concerns. 

Have a great day!

Best wishes,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.