Why am I getting an Error Code 2 when I try to import my 2022 Turbo Tax file into Quicken?

I have shortened the file name, as was mentioned in a prior post, but that was for a 2020 error code 5. Any Help would be appreciated.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What BUILD of Q are you running?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    Also, which Q product?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• LJTyson1
    LJTyson1 Member ✭✭
    Hello Notacpa. I am running build 27.1.47.11 and I am subscribed to Quicken Deluxe
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I get the same error in R47.11 when I try to import TT 2022 data. I can still successfully import 2021 data. But my 2022 TT data is not yet complete, so maybe that's why QWin barfs on it. Or perhaps QWin is not yet programmed to deal with 2022 data.
    @LJTyson1, is your 2022 TT return complete already?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• LJTyson1
    LJTyson1 Member ✭✭
    Hi Rocket. Yes my TT 2022 is completed and transmitted
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there some kind of restriction on the years that can be imported, and that every year you have to wait for them to update Quicken to allow the last year to be imported?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also try this.
    If TT is password protected remove it and try again.
    If that does not work try shortening your TT file name such as Your Name Form 1040 Individual Tax return.tax2022 to
    2022 Tax Return.tax2022. This is to done without being password protected also.
    If it works just add back you password.
    Note: you can make a copy of the original so that you can use it again after the import or just use the renamed data file.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• LJTyson1
    LJTyson1 Member ✭✭
    @jl747. My TT2022 is not password protected and based on the 2020 posting I referenced earlier in the thread, I have shorted the file name with no success. I either get an error code 2 or error code 5 when I attempt the upload
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry that didn't work plus not noticing OP.
    You can try to contact Support or thru Quicken Help - Report a Problem and submit the errors to support that way.
    Maybe that will remind them to fix the problem.
    Note: I just tried also. I got the same error.
    I did send a Problem Report via Quicken.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• Rocket J Squirrel
    I'd wager TT2022 simply isn't programmed into QWin yet. "Error code 2" just isn't very informative.
    I think we'll just have to wait. Try again tomorrow, it is Groundhog Day after all. :D

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    True.
    Plus I have wait for my 1099's any way to finish TT.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    One thing I was wondering is if by any chance the interface/format of the file changes from year to year, and therefore they have to wait and make sure Intuit is going to change it.  I notice that TurboTax keeps updating almost every time I start it.  Makes you wonder if you file early, you might be caught by something they change later.

I'm still waiting on my 1009s too, but I also don't export/import to TurboTax even though I have been using it again for the last few years.
    Signature:
  • LJTyson1
    LJTyson1 Member ✭✭
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions and thoughts. I will report my code 2 and code 5 Turbo Tax import issues to quicken.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Chris_QPW said:
     I notice that TurboTax keeps updating almost every time I start it.  Makes you wonder if you file early, you might be caught by something they change later.
    Sure, it keeps changing. Happens every year. I have seen it change even after the April filing deadline, which makes me nervous. I disable TT updates after I file because I want to freeze it there, which also makes me nervous.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the same (disabled auto update). TT updates every Thursday it seems like.
    Even well after tax season over with.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
     I notice that TurboTax keeps updating almost every time I start it.  Makes you wonder if you file early, you might be caught by something they change later.
    Sure, it keeps changing. Happens every year. I have seen it change even after the April filing deadline, which makes me nervous. I disable TT updates after I file because I want to freeze it there, which also makes me nervous.
    Yeah, same here.
    Signature:
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I would suggest that you consider not filing your tax returns until the due date.  Unless you've got a large refund coming (and I know that "large" can mean different things to different people) there is really no benefit to you to file your returns before they are due.  And if you DO have a large refund expected - I would suggest that you modify your withholdings (or estimated payments) accordingly.

Just my 2 cents - which is the same amount as my refund for this year.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone been able to import their TurboTax 2022 into Quicken yet?
    I have gotten Error 2 and 5.
    There are NO passwords associated with either program. TurboTax file name is short.
    I again sent a Bug Report from within Quicken.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    I continue to get Error 2.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for confirming it's still a problem.
    Just curious.
    Did you submit a Bug Report or just waiting to see if the next update fixes the problem.?

• Rocket J Squirrel
    jl747 said:
    Did you submit a Bug Report or just waiting to see if the next update fixes the problem.?
    I think I submitted one a while back but am not sure. I'll submit one next time I get a round tuit.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good.

• Art L
    Art L Member ✭✭
    I have issues every year importing Turbotax into Quicken. Normally after 2-3 months into the new tax year the issues resolves. So I normally just wait it out.
  • jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Frankx said:
    ...there is really no benefit to you to file your returns before they are due.
    I once worked for a large, national tax preparation company. And there were a handful of clients every season who had returns rejected by the IRS because a fraudulent return with their SSN was filed ahead of theirs. Granted, I live in the fraud capital of the world (Florida), but filing promptly helps you get your return in first if your SSN's been compromised. If it ever happens to you, it's a mess to clean up.

Better yet, I think everyone should apply for identity protection PINs from the IRS. Think of it as 2-factor authentication for your tax return. 

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/all-taxpayers-now-eligible-for-identity-protection-pins

• fredact
    fredact Member ✭✭
    > @Art L said:
    > I have issues every year importing Turbotax into Quicken. Normally after 2-3 months into the new tax year the issues resolves. So I normally just wait it out.
    That's sadly very unhelpful for those of us that use the Quicken Tax Planner to help calculate estimated taxes.
  • bozoman
    bozoman Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue when trying to import my data from TT into Quicken. I get an Error 2. Like others, I suspect that it's an issue that the Quicken coders have to fix every year, and it takes them a while to get around to it.
  • PowderCreek
    PowderCreek Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Quicken support chat said to me the following 2 lines which obviously isn't very helpful.

"I was checking the problem within the intu it website this is an issue they have and they provide steps how to fix it"
    "I do not have access to everything because they are a different company and we do not have turbo tax access but you can contact them"

I have since been unable to find any such remedial steps or even a reference to the problem on any Intuit site.
  • mholcomb
    mholcomb Member ✭✭

I tried importing, even with a shortened filename as has been the solution in past years, and am also getting the so-helpful "Error 2" message. Hopefully there will be an update/announcement when Quicken adds support for TY2022.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@mholcomb

If you haven't yet use the Report a Problem within Quicken and submit your error.

You can also contact Support Chat at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Still getting the Error 2 when importing Turbotax into Quicken Premier 27.1.48.15

I did use the Report a problem again to submit this problem.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI.

I contacted Chat and this is what they said.

" Thanks for confirming, allow me mention that as I can see this issue was already reported, and as I can see our technical support team is still working on this issue, and we don't have ETA to have this issue resolved, our sincere apologies."

If anyone else would like to confirm this with Chat please do so.

This discussion has been closed.