Split transactions not being recorded for mortgage payments

danwilcox
danwilcox Member ✭✭
When entering a split scheduled transaction for mortgage payments the categories of interest, principle and escrow all say 0 and an uncategorized line appears for the total of payment.

Comments

• mindtrip
    mindtrip Member ✭✭
    The exact same thing is suddenly happening for me. This is new starting this week. Did they break something with the last update?
  • VerbalK
    VerbalK Member ✭✭
    +1. I kept getting a "dump file" error, so reinstalled, and now I got this issue. Tried removing the bill and setting the reminder up again, but each time it wipes out the splits.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Hi @danwilcox @mindtrip @VerbalK

Which version of Quicken are you currently running?  Did this behavior start right after you updated?  

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• dudude60
    dudude60 Member ✭✭
    The exact same thing started happening to me on mortgage reminders after the latest Quicken update. If you hover over the reminder in the ledger you see the split, but as soon as you choose to enter the reminder the split is gone.
  • dudude60
    dudude60 Member ✭✭
    Same thing happens on my auto loan as well. :'(
  • klmdss
    klmdss Member ✭✭
    sounds like they know about it, something with the 1/6 update
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• 7Chris
    7Chris Member ✭✭
    I'm glad the Quicken Team is working on a fix. I've got the same issue for my mortgage payment with three items in the split (principal, interest, and escrow). Looking forward to this issue being resolved. Thank you!
  • EileenD
    EileenD Member
    Same problem. Also noticed on the loan page that the payment is still due and the interest and decrease are not recorded. But the check register is decreased by the payment.
  • D Jones
    D Jones Member ✭✭
    Mortgage splits are messed up for me too. Don't know what caused it and when, but last month I entered the mortgage (probably around Dec 23) and all was well. Now I did it and the split info is gone--had to enter it manually. I trust this will be fixed soon? Fairly basic stuff here...
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2023
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MG99
    MG99 Member ✭✭
    Any update on this mortgage split issue? Eta on a fix?
  • Dougjtvh
    Dougjtvh Member ✭✭
    Quicken Anja, I would be happy to "report a Problem" for this loan split issue, but when I went to the link I wasn't sure how to proceed. Maybe a more detailed instruction would be a good thing....
  • mycardtwo
    mycardtwo Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. Running Quicken R47.7 build 27.1.47.7. When I attempt to enter a mortgage transaction the splits for Principle, Interest and Property tax all show zeros and the full check amount is associated with a blank category. What's weird is if I look at the payment details (going through the debt account itself) the correct amounts are show for each of the splits for the current payment. This *was* working properly at the end of Dec.
    Also the Projected Payoff graph is now showing a steep bend at today's date - see image.
    I am reluctant to enter the details manually because I have no idea what Quicken will do when this gets fixed.

Please fix this!
  • kirtley
    kirtley Member ✭✭
    Looks like update 47.11 fixed this:

Version R47.11 HF1 (Feb, 2023)
    What’s Fixed
    Splits for loans not allocating to categories properly.
  • lbennatt
    lbennatt Member ✭✭
    kirtley...I know it said that, but it didn't for me. If anything it broke it. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed before now, but right after I downloaded that update R47.11 (Feb. 3) I noticed that 3 mortgage payments with 3 splits are NOT carried over into the loan account. They were entered as Scheduled and show in the check register properly with splits, but no evidence of the payments being made in the corresponding loan account like they never happened.
  • lbennatt
    lbennatt Member ✭✭
    I just spent 1:15 minutes on the phone with Quicken. He had me add the mortgage account under a new name and did a download and it downloaded the correct principal balance and he assured me that future transactions would carry into it, but now no history. So I'm like this is not an answer. I had to get off the phone. Don't have time for this.
  • philip_t
    philip_t Member
    Even after upgrading to R47.11, my mortgage loan account's "Payment Details" tab is still not reflecting any principal adjustments after 8/27/2022, even though I went through all my historic mortgage payment transactions between September 2022 and February 2023 and confirmed that all principal/interest splits are entered correctly. Obviously, Quicken must offer its customers an EASY (automatic) way to fix the problem, without the hassle of creating a new loan account and losing all the transaction history. Tracking loans is one of the staple features in Quicken and without it the product is not competive at all. Quicken team: please elevate this problem to whatever level of management that needs to get involved and fix it ASAP!
  • rrutland78
    rrutland78 Member ✭✭
    We are having similar issues with mortgage entries. We have an asset and loan account setup. However, when we reconcile the loan account, it marks the transaction on the checking account register as reconciled which throws off the checking account reconciliation. Additionally, the split lines get messed up and input an auto adjustment to reduce the amount of the payment. We have to click the adjust button on the split window in order to get the total back to match the payment.
  • Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    I too was having this problem but happy to report that it appears to be fixed. I did two things today. First, I updated a big, elective MS Windows 10 update that I had been waiting to install. After all my MS Windows software was up to date I then installed R47.11 and the splits in loan payments are back to working like they were before R46.XX broke things. Glad they got this fixed.
  • philip_t
    philip_t Member
    I have upgraded to R47.15, but my mortgage principal balance is still not adjusted to reflect the existing mortgage payment transactions since September 2022. Interestingly, the last two car loan payments I made in late January were also corrupted - they were entered with zeros in the interest/principal split amounts, and the whole payment ended up as uncategorized. It is becoming a very frustrating experince by the day...
  • mycardtwo
    mycardtwo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Two updates to my post on Jan 31:
    1, I downgraded (after backing up) to R45.13 from 47.7. The problem with mortgage transactions showin zeros for splits went away.
    2. Today I decided to let Quicken install R47.15 (Feb-23 update). Backed up data file first. After the update, I checked several previous mortgage transactions - all ok. Tested a future payment for April 1 - the shows the correct split for equity, interest, and escrow. BTW - I don't use automatic entries for my checking account; I select the item from the list of upcoming payments on my calendar.
This discussion has been closed.