Budget category MISCELLANEOUS PERSONAL EXPENSES not working on mobile

Hello, I have the windows version of Quicken, which I am not syncing to online/mobile.

The Budget Category Personal Expenses ===> Everything Else is not translating to online or mobile correctly.

On the mobile/online budget, I can see this budget carried over with the correct budget allocated, but there is 0 spend summarized for each month. (IE: $0 of $900)

If I click the budget category, it will list all the transactions that fall under this category. But for whatever reason, it is still listing it as $0 at the higher level budget view, and the spend under this category is not registering against my total Person Expenses.

Any ideas here? Works fine on desktop, and all the transactions are there on mobile/ online.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    kevtheweb said:
    Hello, I have the windows version of Quicken, which I am not syncing to online/mobile.

The Budget Category Personal Expenses ===> Everything Else is not translating to online or mobile correctly.

On the mobile/online budget, I can see this budget carried over with the correct budget allocated, but there is 0 spend summarized for each month. (IE: $0 of $900)

If I click the budget category, it will list all the transactions that fall under this category. But for whatever reason, it is still listing it as $0 at the higher level budget view, and the spend under this category is not registering against my total Person Expenses.

Any ideas here? Works fine on desktop, and all the transactions are there on mobile/ online.
    Hello @kevtheweb,           

We are sorry about this problem with online banking services and the Mobile App. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, I am somewhat unclear; did you mean to say that you are syncing to online/mobile? Do you have Sync turned OFF

I want to make sure I understand what's happening before proceeding.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Hello, I meant to say that I am syncing. (Sync turned ON)

All the transactions are there. All the correct transactions show up when I click the budget category Personal Expenses ===> "Everything Else". But the value of all the transactions is not showing as spend against the category.

IE: if I have 10 transactions under that category totaling $250 in spend, it still shows $0 of $900 for the spend against this category.
  • Quicken Jared
    kevtheweb said:
    Hello, I meant to say that I am syncing. (Sync turned ON)

All the transactions are there. All the correct transactions show up when I click the budget category Personal Expenses ===> "Everything Else". But the value of all the transactions is not showing as spend against the category.

IE: if I have 10 transactions under that category totaling $250 in spend, it still shows $0 of $900 for the spend against this category.
    Hello @kevtheweb,     

Thanks for answering my earlier questions about what is happening. 

First, I recommend saving a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the steps listed below:

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Step 2: After resetting your cloud data 

You'll need to sign out of the Mobile App and sign back in:

1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon  in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID

Note: The Mobile App is a companion app and requires the desktop Quicken program to sync data with. Make sure when syncing on your desktop that the accounts you want to sync are selected. In the Mobile & Web tab, you can see what accounts are enabled for Mobile Sync. If the accounts you want to sync are not listed there, you can click Edit Account Setting to add or remove accounts from Mobile Sync.

If you aren't seeing the data file you are expecting to see, try signing out of the Mobile App and signing back in. Also, make sure you are signing in using the same Quicken ID on both your desktop and mobile device.

Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Hello. Thanks for the suggestion. I have completed the recommendation and no changes.

Again, the transactions are all showing there.

But their spend is not summarized at the budget level.

Ex: Entertainment $0 out of $300, if I click this I will see 6 transaction for a total of $271. But the value of these transactions doesnt show up at the higher level budget view where it shows all the categories. The category shows $0 even though there is $271 worth of transactions when i click the category.

The budget shows correctly on desktop $271 of $300. But $0 of $300 on web or mobile
  • Hope the below image clarifies the issue.
  • Quicken Jared
    Hello @kevtheweb,    

We are sorry that this issue seems to be continuing even after resetting the Cloud data. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Given the nature of the issue, and the results from earlier troubleshooting, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to work with you in order to troubleshoot and diagnose this issue in greater detail with the tools and resources available to them, uniquely. I do wish that we could provide more advice from the Quicken Community, but Support's help will be necessary in this situation.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.