Citibank one-step download hasn't worked since Citi changed its website

Phil Burton
Phil Burton Member, Windows Beta Beta
Maybe 6-8 months ago, not exactly sure, Citibank changed its website, whole new set of pages, and arguably an improvement.  However, since the change, one step download (if that is the right term), no longer works.

So I have to do an export, account by account, for each of my five Citi accounts.  Then I have to deal with the issue that Quicken doesn't recognize transactions already downloaded.  This is a lot of wasted effort.

When is Quicken going to fix this problem?
Been using Quicken (and TurboTax) since DOS days in 1990s.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Phil Burton,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe 6-8 months ago, not exactly sure, Citibank changed its website, whole new set of pages, and arguably an improvement.  However, since the change, one step download (if that is the right term), no longer works.

So I have to do an export, account by account, for each of my five Citi accounts.  Then I have to deal with the issue that Quicken doesn't recognize transactions already downloaded.  This is a lot of wasted effort.

When is Quicken going to fix this problem?
    Hello @Phil Burton,     

We are sorry about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, are you receiving any error codes when trying to make use of One-Step Updates? We will need some additional information about the specific difficulties you are running into when trying to make use of online banking services in order to provide further advice.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Phil Burton
    Quicken Jared,

Sometimes but not always when I import a QFX file of downloaded transactions Quicken displays a window asking me if I want to use one-step update.  So I enter my Citibank UserID and password and continue.

After a while Quicken displays an error message saying that it could not locate any accounts.  I am very careful to enter the right password.  So after this error message, I try again.  After the second failed attempt Quicken offers me the option to enter transactions manually.

About once a month, I try to set up one-step download and it always fails.

If I assume from your message that Quicken engineering is unaware of this problem, that's very discouraging.  For me, I like to download transactions twice a week to keep track of expenses and cash flow.  Having to do this process manually wastes a lot of time.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Jared,

Sometimes but not always when I import a QFX file of downloaded transactions Quicken displays a window asking me if I want to use one-step update.  So I enter my Citibank UserID and password and continue.

After a while Quicken displays an error message saying that it could not locate any accounts.  I am very careful to enter the right password.  So after this error message, I try again.  After the second failed attempt Quicken offers me the option to enter transactions manually.

About once a month, I try to set up one-step download and it always fails.

If I assume from your message that Quicken engineering is unaware of this problem, that's very discouraging.  For me, I like to download transactions twice a week to keep track of expenses and cash flow.  Having to do this process manually wastes a lot of time.
    Hello @Phil Burton,      

Thank you for responding to me with more information about this problem. We are sorry that this issue is continuing.

Is there a particular error code associated with this message, and if so, what kind? Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well. 

I am eager to hear back from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Phil Burton
    Jared,

I tried to set up the one step update.

I was not able to paste the screenshots of two windows.  The first window was titled
    "Sign in to connect to Quicken" and prompted for my Citibank userID and password.  I checked the password carefully.

The second window displayed a message in a pink bar:  Ooops,  There is a connection problem,  CC-502.  Further down, in a box to the right there was a message saying that the website is "temporarily unavailable,"

I'm sure that whatever text strings were used to recognize a successful connection would not be valid once Citibank changed their website.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Phil Burton,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Phil Burton
    Anja,

How many issues have been escalated to this level?  Is there any priority or focus on this issue?  Or is the management all focused on adding new features and not fixing bugs with existing features, especially important issues.

I have to think that this issue affects many Quicken users who are Citibank customers. 

• qcudjdenver
    qcudjdenver Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    [Removed - Mac]
  • TradGirl
    TradGirl Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. Can't download for existing account and Quicken will not let me add a new citi account.
  • LJSakey
    LJSakey Member
    I have as well and will not be renewing until this issue is fixed. The only reason to pay for the subscription is the downloads.
  • Phil Burton

@LJSakey I agree with you. Downloads are a key part of my Quicken workflow, and right now that part of my workflow takes too long and is error-prone.

• someguysomewhere
    someguysomewhere Unconfirmed, Member
    edited March 2023

I got the same [Removed - Profanity] answer this week (end of March) when on the phone about this being "a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time."

[Removed - Speculation/Inaccurate]

• Phil Burton
    edited March 2023

@someguysomewhere

+1 to what you just posted. [Removed - Rant/Speculation/No Soliciting]

• Carb78
    Carb78 Member

Same issue here. "Fix it" does not work. Updating the account does not work. Disconnecting download and re-establishing download does not work. This is a real pain. Please escalate this to the top of the stack.

It would also be nice if the one-step update would work today (4/19). I've waited the requested 10 minutes with no resolution all morning.

• g0
    g0 Member ✭✭
    I've been able to export from CITI's website to update transactions. This would crash Quicken, but at least on reopening Quicken the new transactions would be available in the downloaded transactions section of the account ledger. As of today, Quicken crashes with no import of new transactions. All other downloads function correctly.
This discussion has been closed.