Is American Express Rewards Checking supported

merrellsj
merrellsj Member ✭✭
I see an option for American Express Rewards checking in the list of banks but when I try to use it I get an error below. Any ideas or help?

Care Code: FDP-106

Details:
ACCOUNT_MISMATCH
Account not found. No accounts are available.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @merrellsj
    @Tom Young
    For some strange reason, the checking account is a different bank entity and different routing number from the Savings Bank used for Amex Personal Savings.  Their so called checking account is an Amex Debit card and you go to their credit card site to service it.  I tried it out last summer and closed the account for several reasons, lack of Quicken support being one of them.  I didn't like either that you couldn't have a joint account.

I imagine that over time, Amex will support downloads and the fact that Quicken now has it listed is a good sign.  Amex doesn't really want to be a bank, but I don't see how they are going to avoid it if they want to have savings account and checking services.

Steve
    MS Money/Quicken Classic since 1991
    Quicken Simplifi since 2021

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I'd look at American Express Bank FSB as the financial institution.  The AMEX site promoting the checking account states "Accounts offered by American Express National Bank. Member FDIC."

ADDED: I didn't notice the "Mac" aspect of the question.  There may be (I don't really know) different Financial Institution lists between the Windows and Mac product.
  • SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @merrellsj
    @Tom Young
    For some strange reason, the checking account is a different bank entity and different routing number from the Savings Bank used for Amex Personal Savings.  Their so called checking account is an Amex Debit card and you go to their credit card site to service it.  I tried it out last summer and closed the account for several reasons, lack of Quicken support being one of them.  I didn't like either that you couldn't have a joint account.

I imagine that over time, Amex will support downloads and the fact that Quicken now has it listed is a good sign.  Amex doesn't really want to be a bank, but I don't see how they are going to avoid it if they want to have savings account and checking services.

Steve
    MS Money/Quicken Classic since 1991
    Quicken Simplifi since 2021

• merrellsj
    merrellsj Member ✭✭
    I contacted AMEX yesterday and they told me straight out that it wasn't supported but they did say it was in the works. Of course no ETA.
This discussion has been closed.