Meriwest CU download broken [after bank changed their system]

Meriwest updated their online banking system over the weekend, and transaction download is currently broken. I have opened a ticket with them, but I suspect the Quicken side may need an update or config change as well. The "Activate Onestep Update" window is asking for account number and password, but it should probably be asking for login and pw.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Meriwest updated their online banking system over the weekend, and transaction download is currently broken. I have opened a ticket with them, but I suspect the Quicken side may need an update or config change as well. The "Activate Onestep Update" window is asking for account number and password, but it should probably be asking for login and pw.
    Hello @Cathy Artigues,

We are sorry about this issue with online banking services, and with unusual credential requests. Thank you for alerting us to this here on the Quicken Community. 

Are you receiving any error messages with particular numbered codes when trying to make use of One Step Updates?  If you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Meriwest-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the Tools menu option in upper left-hand side of the screen, or in the more central, upper left-hand panel, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same account number/password message occurring in the test data file once this is attempted. 

I look forward to hearing about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• I was able to redo the online setup for my Meriwest accounts today. Both the Meriwest and Quicken interfaces have changed since yesterday. Quicken is now asking for the username and password and then having Meriwest send a 6-digit code. Meriwest required me to login again on their side and accept their TOC, although I had already done that yesterday.
  • Tim Johnson
    Tim Johnson Member ✭✭
    Cathy, did that solve it for you? I'm having the same problem. When you said that Meriwest required you to log in again, was that still through Quicken, or did you have to log into their web site to do that?
    Thanks,
    Tim
    Tim Johnson, using Quicken since 1993.
  • I had the same experience as Cathy and can confirm that it resolved the problem. I'm now able to download my transactions into Quicken for my 2 Meriwest accounts.
  • Tim Johnson
    Tim Johnson Member ✭✭
    Bingo. I just tried the setup again for Meriwest, and this time I was presented with my three Meriwest accounts. I made sure all were properly linked, and the download was successful. Good job everyone.
    Tim Johnson, using Quicken since 1993.
This discussion has been closed.