American Express reauthorization page - the button is greyed and can't "authorize"

sdai
sdai Member ✭✭
frustrating - I get to the authorization page, but the button is not available, just greyed.
open the read me, no change. Since 2/8/23
Check if cookies allowed, it's fine.
change browser, same issue.
Chat with them, they tell me to deactivate reactivate. Huh, sends me straight to the same Amex page that is not working...
I asked if more people complained, they say no complaints. They tell me to ask Quicken... But it is their page that is not working.
Asked them to send a note up their command chain (not the chat assistant authority).
only thing left: wait a few days and try again, download from website until them.

Since others are having different issues, posting a new one here.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/fpoQgkv.png[/img]

Comments

• ahsamuelson
    ahsamuelson Member ✭✭
    When I get to the page where I agree to data policies, the authorize button is greyed out, so I cannot authorize. What to do?
  • somedave
    somedave Member ✭✭
    I'm having the exact same problem, no American Express cards are available for selection so the button stays greyed out and I can't link my account. My Amex is my main account that I track, so Quicken is basically useless to me now. Anyone find a fix?
  • somedave
    somedave Member ✭✭
    Here's what I see, it sounds like it's what other folks are seeing too. I'm guessing from reading all the threads here about this problem, certain kinds of accounts (including some personal credit cards like mine) are not supported in this "upgraded" method. I just got off a chat with Quicken support and they basically told me "not our problem" so I don't have much hope of this getting resolved any time soon.
  • tamashi
    tamashi Member ✭✭
    Fortunately I got that same screen (posted above) and the "authorize" button was not greyed out. It made me re-link my AE accounts after that and so far it's working (on 2 windows platforms). Interestingly enough, Quicken for Mac has very few issues compared to WIndows. My Mac has now become my primary platform for Quicken.
  • somedave
    somedave Member ✭✭
    Update: I just spoke with Amex support who directed me to...Quicken support (which I already talked to above). So until either Quicken or Amex takes responsibility and figures out where the problem is (and there's definitely a problem given how many people are coming in and posting here), it looks like if you can't already authorize one or more of your Amex cards with Quicken, you're SOL for the foreseeable future. Congrats to the folks who aren't having this problem.
  • Hello All,
    We are investigating the cause of this issue, but in the normal flow of the reauthorization process, you would have a list of your Amex accounts to select from, and after these accounts are selected, the Authorize button will not be activated.

As soon as we have more information, we will update here--

Thanks--
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • ahsamuelson
    ahsamuelson Member ✭✭
    Thanks, I did not see that screen with list of accounts. I have only one.
  • Longboat58
    Longboat58 Member ✭✭
    Having same issue. Also tried setting up a new account from scratch, same problem.
  • Longboat58
    Longboat58 Member ✭✭
    In the meantime you can still download the "recent transactions" from the AE web site and import the Quicken qfx file by double clicking it. Quicken will prompt you so you can select your AE account in the drop down. Just like the old days but it is pretty fast and it works! The download button is in the top right corner of the recent transactions list on the AE site. It only imported the new transactions.
  • sdai
    sdai Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Kathryn said:
    > Hello All,
    > We are investigating the cause of this issue, but in the normal flow of the reauthorization process, you would have a list of your Amex accounts to select from, and after these accounts are selected, the Authorize button will not be activated.
    >
    > As soon as we have more information, we will update here--
    >
    > Thanks--

I only have one account with them, I do not see any list of accounts. And the issue happens in AMEX webpage, so I can't see why this is a quicken issue, but they directed me to quicken...
    no button to acknowledge the terms, no list of accounts, just the Authorize button greyed out... Frustrating. If the card was not a corporate card, I would get out of the AMEX right now.
  • sdai
    sdai Member ✭✭
    > @Longboat58 said:
    > In the meantime you can still download the "recent transactions" from the AE web site and import the Quicken qfx file by double clicking it. Quicken will prompt you so you can select your AE account in the drop down. Just like the old days but it is pretty fast and it works! The download button is in the top right corner of the recent transactions list on the AE site. It only imported the new transactions.

the download from the AMEX webpage also works, but I already have the suntrust (now truist) that we need to pay to have one-click download, adding the AMEX to the list is a pain in the 21st century...
  • sdai
    sdai Member ✭✭
    this is the screen i see
  • bigbirf56
    bigbirf56 Member ✭✭
    I am patched to v47.15. My pop-up blockers are disabled. The American Express reauthorization does not work. At log in on the American Express site I see this message: "Choose the American Express product(s) you authorize Quicken to access:" but (1) there are no products listed and (2) the "Authorize" button is grayed out. Please advise.
  • Struggles
    Struggles Member ✭✭
    When I go to reauthorize my accounts are not listed and the authorize button is greyed out
  • I am having the same issue as @Struggles with the 'Authorize' button greyed out and none of my accounts listed to select from on the web page.
  • pcbaker
    pcbaker Member ✭✭
    I am having thw same issue as others. New Authorization but not AMEX account to choose.
  • JohnA
    JohnA Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem here.  I suspected it's because the product list is empty and it needs at least one product to activate. Until then, I really don't care as long as the current direct connect method continues to work.
  • Hokieinidaho
    Hokieinidaho Member ✭✭✭
    Same here - when I go to authorize, no accounts listed, and <Authorize> greyed out. 
  • CyberguyJeff
    CyberguyJeff Member ✭✭
    Same as the last 3, when I go to authorize, no accounts listed, and <Authorize> greyed out.
  • schwarem
    schwarem Member
    I go to "Authorize" my American Express account and there aren't any products in the list to authorize, so my authorize button is greyed out.
  • dpb999
    dpb999 Member
    Have the same issue. Have been a quicken user for 20+ years, but this product is becoming more hassle than its worth.
  • walsms
    walsms Member
    Same issue here... :(
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

We are sorry about these problems with the 'greyed-out' Authorize option. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. 

In order to be of assistance in this matter, I have some additional questions about the situation. Are you currently making use of any antivirus software, pop-up blockers, or Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)? If so, note that it may be necessary to remove these, at least temporarily, in order to troubleshoot this issue further. Also, how many American Express accounts are you operating at once? What version of Windows are you currently running? Also, are you operating any hidden accounts, currently?

You can check this by following the steps below:

1. n the Account List, click the account you want to view.
    2. Click Edit.
    3. Click the Display Options tab.
    4. Click to clear the appropriate check box. For example, click to clear the Hide this account in Account Bar check box to view the account in Account Bar.
    5. Click OK.

We look forward to reading your responses. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Longboat58
    Longboat58 Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Jared" said:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > We are sorry about these problems with the 'greyed-out' Authorize option. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. 
    >
    > In order to be of assistance in this matter, I have some additional questions about the situation. Are you currently making use of any antivirus software, pop-up blockers, or Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)? If so, note that it may be necessary to remove these, at least temporarily, in order to troubleshoot this issue further. Also, how many American Express accounts are you operating at once? What version of Windows are you currently running? Also, are you operating any hidden accounts, currently?
    >
    > You can check this by following the steps below:* n the Account List, click the account you want to view.
    > * Click Edit.
    > * Click the Display Options tab.
    > * Click to clear the appropriate check box. For example, click to clear the Hide this account in Account Bar check box to view the account in Account Bar.
    > * Click OK.
    >
    > We look forward to reading your responses. 
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

Windows 11 Home 22H2
    I use just the standard Windows Security.
    Turning off pop ups did not help.
    No VPN.
    One Amex acct.
    Nothing hidden except old accounts not being used.
    Thanks
  • UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

We are sorry about these problems with the 'greyed-out' Authorize option. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. 

In order to be of assistance in this matter, I have some additional questions about the situation. Are you currently making use of any antivirus software, pop-up blockers, or Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)? If so, note that it may be necessary to remove these, at least temporarily, in order to troubleshoot this issue further. Also, how many American Express accounts are you operating at once? What version of Windows are you currently running? Also, are you operating any hidden accounts, currently?

You can check this by following the steps below:

1. n the Account List, click the account you want to view.
    2. Click Edit.
    3. Click the Display Options tab.
    4. Click to clear the appropriate check box. For example, click to clear the Hide this account in Account Bar check box to view the account in Account Bar.
    5. Click OK.

We look forward to reading your responses. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
    Antivirus / Pop-Up Blockers / VPNs - Yes. Not disabling these.
    Two Active Amex accounts (one has been reauthorized, the other is not appearing as an option)
    Windows 10.0.19045
    Multiple hidden accounts, including two with Amex. Although all hidden accounts are Closed.
  • Hokieinidaho
    Hokieinidaho Member ✭✭✭
    Jared - no hidden accounts, no blockers, etc. Issue is the accounts aren't being shown from the AMEX side, so they can be checked and authorized. In my case, it's one account, and it's a business account. Should be a fairly easy investigation by AMEX. Would appreciate Quicken leaning on them to do so.
  • Same issue. Windows subscription - current version. 2 accounts.
  • Hokieinidaho
    Hokieinidaho Member ✭✭✭
    any updates?
  • Rich Burke
    Rich Burke Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    After the update, when American Express was not working, I deleted the online biller and attempted to set up online again. When I click "set up online", the screen goes gray and I receive no prompts. Quicken becomes unresponsive as if its waiting for a response, I have to go an kill quicken from task manager to end the session. 
  • There is another thread on this issue where Quicken has acknowledged the issue. No ETA yet on a fix. I would suggest that everyone with this issue bookmarks this thread: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20340073#Comment_20340073
This discussion has been closed.