Ongoing OVER A WEEK now - Fifth Third Bank - OL-332-A

Sasy23
Sasy23 Member ✭✭
I have been trying to log into my Fifth Third account checking account to download updates since 1/25/23 and have been unable to. I keep getting error code OL-332-A and I have NOT changed anything on my account. I keep attempting to log in to no avail.
I am getting very frustrated with this. I have contacted my bank at Fifth Third as well and
am waiting for a return call. I have tried to call Quicken and cannot located phone number. HELP

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Sasy23,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report your issue here, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

Additionally, if you wish to contact Quicken Support by phone or chat, you can find the contact info in order to do so here.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Aaron Fink
    Aaron Fink Member ✭✭
    I have had the same problem twice, first in January and now this month. In between, the problem corrected itself without any changes on my part. Now that it has recurred, I contacted Quicken support and deactivated and then reactivated my online acccess and it worked....but ONLY using "web connect". When I tried to change the connection to "direct connect", the problem recurred. So I think it is clear that the problem at this point has something to do with using direct connect to download information from the bank (or banks). I spoke with Fifth Third bank's IT Support and they state that they are "working on it"!!.
  • Bonzo
    Bonzo Member ✭✭
    After reactivating, how do you set ‘web connect’?
  • jtberbs
    jtberbs Member ✭✭
    I have tried logging in to Fifth Third also for close to a week and keep getting error message OL322A. I have not changed anything on the account. There is still no estimated fix to this error on Quicken's end?
  • Randall Sass
    Randall Sass Member ✭✭
    I am also experiencing the OL-332-A errors with Fifth Third Bank. I believe this is a bank problem, not Quicken's as this happened last year as well. It's very frustrating when you pay an annual "subscription fee" to be able to utilize this software for the transaction download and bill-pay features and it just simply fails at one end or the other. These issues always seem to get "escalated internally" but take weeks to resolve. From my perspective, this is unacceptable. Both the bank and Quicken need to do better.
  • Kimmers
    Kimmers Member ✭✭
    I am also experiencing the OL-332-A errors with Fifth Third Bank! I can log in separately in a browser window to the bank with the SAME login information. I will watch this thread to see if there are updates. I last logged in successfully on 1/30/2023.
  • William Heise
    William Heise Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem here. I have notified Quicken of this twice through the error notification within Quicken. No joy.
  • gregoryg
    gregoryg Member
    Sad - the kids use the "Cash" app which looks a lot more reliable than Firth Third / Quicken. I too have sent "problem" reports to Quicken without success, or a response of any kind.
  • sflund
    sflund Member ✭✭
    This is still not fixed. It has not worked all week..
  • J. D. Riley
    J. D. Riley Member ✭✭
    Called support at 0945 today (2/9) and talked with a tech who said they are still working on it. As has been noted-this problem has been going on for at least a week with no estimate of when it will be fixed if ever.
  • GoodOlDan
    GoodOlDan Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    [Removed - Solicitation]
  • Randall Sass
    Randall Sass Member ✭✭
    No estimate, not fixed, not acceptable!
  • 79TransAm
    79TransAm Member
    edited February 2023
    Absolutely ridiculous! Fifth Third Bank just confirmed this problem has been preventing their customers from connecting with Quicken since 1/19/2023. That means as of today, this system has been down for 3 weeks. Seeing that I can connect to several banks other than Fifth Third, it seems obvious the problem is on Fifth Third's side. [Removed - Disruptive]
  • William Heise
    William Heise Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Should this be fixed? Yes. Should it have happened? No. Will it get fixed? Yes
  • kmbjmb
    kmbjmb Member
    I am also having the same issue - it has been a couple weeks
  • jtberbs
    jtberbs Member ✭✭
    Same issue. It is definitely not acceptable.
  • To mimic everybody on this site. I too am having the same problem. Error code OL-332 and no update. I would think both parties would be trying to help each other.
  • midwestjim7
    midwestjim7 Member ✭✭
    No doubt there are many, many users now with high levels of frustration, me included. I am not certain if anyone knows for sure if this is a 5/3 problem, or a Quicken problem. I can still log into my (2) 5/3 accounts, so all is not lost. Would I/we like the download service restored? Yes. Will I fire Quicken or 5/3 because of the frustration? No. I remain frustrated, but patiently waiting.
  • I'm in the same boat as all of your other Quicken, Fifth Third users. I called the 1-800 number for Fifth Third (1-800-972-3030) today and they said this is NOT a 5/3 problem, but lies with Quicken. I've been on the phone with Quicken 3 X in the last week and yesterday they finally said the problem lies with 5/3. What other recourse do I have? I just paid the annual Quicken fee and do not feel it is worth it, although it has been very good in the past. I'm beyond frustrated!!! :s
  • Jim Traxler
    Jim Traxler Member ✭✭
    I called 5/3 today (after waiting for 30 minutes trying to talk to someone at Quicken) and the support person at 5/3 said that there is a patch available and gave me this URL: https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-relief-quicken-windows-subscription-product
    I went there and there is a "Mondo Patch" that can be installed which she said would solve the problem. I decided I didn't want to go that route, so will wait for the problem to be fixed and update manually in the meantime. I'm tired of this problem again and again and will probably close my 5/3 account.
  • Kimmers
    Kimmers Member ✭✭
    I did find this "alert" post to this community: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7927896/ongoing-2-1-23-fifth-third-bank-ol-332-a-and-its-not-your-fault-error?_ics=1675984848085&irclickid=~e7~2ZXSIKCvyzpxCEFKQHyzwrlklsmquyFIPQGHCApnhf-9830WM
  • J. D. Riley
    J. D. Riley Member ✭✭
    If by chance anyone from Quicken reads these frustrating messages, it would seem to me that a real live person with some management authority would at least publish what the status is except for the normal canned computer response. If it is unfixable either Quicken or the Bank should say so. It has been down at least since 2/1.
  • Yaxman
    Yaxman Member ✭✭
    I am also still getting an error when trying to download data from Fifth Third. This seems to be a common/frequent problem with Fifth Third. It is probably time to change banks.
  • CincyDawg
    CincyDawg Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Confirmed this is still happening. This has been going on far too long with resolution or even a meaningful description of the cause and an ETA. Don't know if this is a Fifth Third issue or a Quicken one [Removed - Off Topic]
  • midwestjim7
    midwestjim7 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    [Removed - Off Topic]
  • harris48154
    harris48154 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. Occasional technical issues are to be expected. What is difficult to understand (and to tolerate) is that this has gone on for weeks. [Removed - Speculation]
  • smitty4452
    smitty4452 Member ✭✭
    Same issue as everyone else OL-332-A. Called Fifth Third and they confirmed it as known problem, but no resolution date estimate. It's been a week for me plus it also happened in January for a few days. With the amount of people commenting, you would think Fifth Third and Quicken would communicate to customers rather than customers having to contact 1 by 1 and look on forums to find out what is going on.
  • This is definitely a Fifth Third problem, as confirmed by BOTH Fifth Third and Quicken to me via telephone on 2/9/2023. Does anyone have the email address for the Fifth Third CEO? Seems to me that if he was aware of the issues, he would get his employees to resolve the problem, or at a minimum, to provide timely updates. It has been down since 1/19/2023? How could any company allow an online system outage/failure for such a long time?

What are the Service Level Agreements Quicken has in place with the banks that use their direct connect system?
  • midwestjim7
    midwestjim7 Member ✭✭
    Pres & CEO of Fifth Third is Tim Spence.
  • harris48154
    harris48154 Member ✭✭✭
    Fifth Third tech support told me it was a Quicken problem. I posted that earlier, someone didn't like it, edited my message.
This discussion has been closed.