Mutual fund names don't appear in Mobile?

Ted P
Ted P Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2023 in Using the Mobile App
When I look in Mobile at the Investments section under Holdings tab, for most of my mutual funds, the stock ticker appears but not the actual name; but for a few of them the full name appears (but not the ticker).  There doesn't seem to be any pattern (based on account, type of mutual fund, etc).

Anyone face this?  Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Ted P,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data from your Quicken desktop program and seeing if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.
    1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile app
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences...
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    7. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    8. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    9. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    10. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    11. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile app
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ted P
    Ted P Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Anja - so... the dataset and file name were mismatched (at one point I renamed the file and I guess the dataset doesn't get renamed automatically), so I adjusted the name and followed your instructions.

Unfortunately that hasn't resolved the issue.  Most of the funds still have their ticker (eg VMFXX) and not their name (e.g. Vanguard Federal Money Market Fund) in mobile.  I didn't maintain a complete list before and after this but it looks like it's the same funds which have their names vs. just the ticker.

Any other suggestions?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for following up.

Since, unfortunately, the previous steps have failed so far, next, I suggest you try manually resetting your cloud data by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to resync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

First, please proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, and review the section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down and review the section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web tab and clicking on the blue Get Started button, and then the blue Sync Now button and see whether or not the errors you were receiving persist. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ted P
    Ted P Member ✭✭✭
    hmm.  to be honest getting the fund names isn't important enough to do all that so I'll just pass.  thanks for the responses though!
This discussion has been closed.