Which version is best for me?

Options
TrishaL
TrishaL Unconfirmed, Member
edited March 2023 in Before you Buy
We have 7 rental properties and have been using Moneydance. I want to switch to a new Quicken program. I don't need anything fancy...just basically 7 "checkbooks" or accounts (1 for each rental) to keep track of expenses and income. Need to be able to produce end of year reports for accountant. Which program is best for me?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For your expressed needs, Deluxe would work.   But take a look at the  "Buy Quicken"  link above to see if  a higher level  would  be  useful

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Since this is a new game - you might go all out for the Home Business & Rental -
    and see if you really like that option.... and you can try it for 30 days -
    But - if you really just need a checkbook... then just about any of them would work - and you can downgrade at any time.
    No data is lost - just some of the reporting and other features.
    I have lots of Investments and the Deluxe version works well if you have Investments.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Windows or Mac? Note that there is no "Home & Business" version for Mac currently, although there may be in the future. But for keeping track of 7 checking accounts, and version of Quicken on Mac or Windows can handle that.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @TrishaL

Without a doubt, you should be using Quicken Home, Business and Rental Property.  It is specifically designed to handle rental properties and does a good job of it.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.