Redirect on adding bank connect not working

Om_Audio
Om_Audio Member ✭✭
I have set my default browser to Chrome, Edge- both say auth ok but never redirect to Quicken and Quicken times out. No pop up blocks or anti virus etc. I get a text from my bank ack the accounts are authorized. Need help getting past this issue.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a set of images in discussion https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7929466/botched-amex-re-authorization-part-deux#latest  ... are you getting the same sequence of images while reauthorizing, or is something different?
    Once you get the browser picture #5 you can and should immediately click on Quicken in the Taskbar. That should complete the process and not give you picture #6. (At least, that's what it did for me ...)

• Om_Audio
    Om_Audio Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I get to #5 every time. This time I clicked Quicken in taskbar immediately still no luck. I get email from my bank confirming
    'Quicken has been connected to your USAA account. To manage what apps are connected to your account, view your USAA Profile.
    " and Quicken times out.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• Om_Audio
    Om_Audio Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your replies. I am sick of wasting time on problems when in the end it generally comes down to wasting time on support calls/sessions w Intuit. This has to be a common problem/occurence. IMO a big waste of time there is no documented support w suggestions/solutions. Intuit makes $2B/year- 2 BILLION. They spent 41 MILLION on lobbying after the Turbo Tax fraud allegations. I really have disliked this co for decades their support has always been sub par IMO and yet they have massive resources. It is not just this issue for me- this is minor- issues for years w Quicken home/biz yet I do not know of any alternative that can download my transactions. I had high hopes when ownership changed hands a few years ago and they were sending lots of emails w the claims "things are going to change for the better" at Intuit. I'm bitter and jaded and this is just another "let the end user slog it out then have them call us to do a remote session" /rant
  • Om_Audio
    Om_Audio Member ✭✭
    I connected with support. They simply had me log out of my account and restart the app and log in. Then the bank connection process worked. Why this simple suggestion was nowhere to be found elsewhere is surprising and frustrating. I hope this info helps someone else in the same situation.
This discussion has been closed.