Split spending not found in budget all of a sudden

When I go to the grocery store I usually get cash back....my budget displays fine in Quicken desktop...but the web and app don't show these expenditures and my assumption is it isn't seeing it anymore....anyone else have this issue and is it a known bug?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    jlaur_25 said:
    When I go to the grocery store I usually get cash back....my budget displays fine in Quicken desktop...but the web and app don't show these expenditures and my assumption is it isn't seeing it anymore....anyone else have this issue and is it a known bug?
    Hello @jlaur_25,    

We are sorry about these issues with discrepancies between the various applications. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, I have a couple of questions about what's happening that I want to present in order to answer your query. Are you using the same QuickenID between the applications? How often do you sync the Mobile and Web applications with the desktop? How old are these transactions?

I look forward to your answers, and I hope to provide further assistance, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jlaur_25
    jlaur_25 Member ✭✭
    Hi Jared. I sync almost daily. I also tried purging and reloading my cloud data. I just posted a fake grocery transaction of 5.55...thinking maybe the online (Quicken on the web) was having issues with split transactions...but still....my budget shows nothing spent. Online the transactions are right there....posted correctly...when I go into the budget they are there correctly too the bar at the top shows nothing...so I assumed this was a new known bug. The desktop budget works perfectly.
  • Hello @jlaur_25 ,

Thank you for providing more information.

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data from your Quicken desktop program and see if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 
    Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.

1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences...
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    7. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    8. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    9. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    10. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    11. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)

Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jlaur_25
    jlaur_25 Member ✭✭
    I'll reset it again today. It looks like it was a bug that was supposed to be fixed in R48.8...but nothing happened.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @jlaur_25,

Thank you for reaching back out.

Please let us know how it goes once you reset the Cloud and if you are still experiencing issues.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• jlaur_25
    jlaur_25 Member ✭✭
    Still having issues...it is very odd because on the website it shows my grocery purchases...it just doesn't sum them up and put into the bar chart....
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @jlaur_25,

Thank you for reaching back out.

Since, unfortunately, the previous steps have failed so far, next, I suggest you try manually resetting your cloud data by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to resync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

First, please proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, and review the section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down and review the section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web tab and clicking on the blue Get Started button, and then the blue Sync Now button and see whether or not the errors you were receiving persist. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• jlaur_25
    jlaur_25 Member ✭✭
    I just went thru all of that...deleted and regenerated a file...and still the budget isn't correct.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭

@jlaur_25 The answer is (and you are not going to like it) lies in the web app and syncing. They do not work and cause most of the problems in Quicken. Those here who Quicken works for and is stable do not use these "features". I am one of them and even then something can happen to glitch the program. That is why I do manual backups after every Quicken use (data file date and time stamped) and at least once a week I validate the file.

• jlaur_25
    jlaur_25 Member ✭✭
    The thing is the budget worked fine until maybe 3 months ago. They 'fix' stuff and it breaks it.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭

The stuff they "break" mainly has to do with the web app and syncing. None of what seems broken has ever been an issue with me because I do not use those features which in my opinion will never work properly.

• jlaur_25
    jlaur_25 Member ✭✭
    To be honest I don't use the budget much but it just annoys me when there's an obvious bug and it goes unfixed. Is there a page where we can see what known bugs there are and suggest they look into new ones?
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, that annoys me as well. In Quicken you can try Help>Report a problem but I wouldn't get my hopes up. There were many bugs that have existed before they added these "features" and quite a number of them have been undealt with. In my 40 + years in IT any program that attempts to "sync" in the way that Quicken does is going to be a constant nightmare. I am also not a "cloud" person either. I have my own "cloud" on my home network that I can access from anywhere. Once you put information on another services "cloud" you have lost control of that data and the access to it, I do not care what the claims of that "service" is about how "secure" and "safe" thier service is. Sorry I don't have better news. The budget module has many bugs as well and I have worked around most of them but I only learned how over 23 years of experience with Quicken. In conjunction with Excel I have a very robust personal finance reporting system.

This discussion has been closed.