Difficulty establishing Direct Connect for a new Visa account from Truist Bank

Difficulty establishing Direct Connect for a new Visa account from Truist Bank

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @JoeWilliams

The vast majority of credit card providers download via Express Web Connect and not Direct Connect.  The only card that is the exception to that rule (as far as I know) is American Express.

Have you tried connecting through EWC?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    JoeWilliams said: Difficulty establishing Direct Connect for a new Visa account from Truist Bank
    What happens when you try to - Add Account -
    and which entry are you trying - as there are several Truist entries avail for - Add Account -
    Lastly the term "Direct Connect" has a special meaning within Quicken -
    guessing you just are using the words to imply you want to link Quicken to your Truist accounts
    and then download via Quicken One Step Update

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @JoeWilliams

The vast majority of credit card providers download via Express Web Connect and not Direct Connect.  The only card that is the exception to that rule (as far as I know) is American Express.

Have you tried connecting through EWC?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• JoeWilliams
    JoeWilliams Member ✭✭
    Frankx, thank you for your reply. From what i have learned, the industry is transitioning to Express Web Connect. This weekend, i got a message while updating accounts from American Express that i had to convert to Express Web Connect. I did and it worked fine.
    As to the new Visa card, all of my accounts have been Direct Connect through Truist Online Banking. I was able to establish a connection for the new Visa by going through Truist Bank instead. The connection is using Express Web Connect. it works fine.
    I would preferr to have all of my accounts through Truist Online Banking but when i try to add an account to my existing file selecting Truist Online Banking i see 8 of 9 accounts but not the new Visa that i would like to add.
    I appreciate your comments and if you have any follow up please let me know. Thank you, Joe Williams
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe,

All that you say above makes sense.  I am glad that you were able to successfully connect your credit card accounts.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.