Adjustment Category

Options
Chris27
Chris27 Member ✭✭✭
Unlike QM and QoW, the mobile app enumerates transactions using the Adjustment Category.  

This is a special category created by Quicken which is neither income or expense.

How to I stop this behavior so my Income/Expense totals are consistent among my Mac Desktop and Devices?

Thanks

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Chris27 said:
    Unlike QM and QoW, the mobile app enumerates transactions using the Adjustment Category.  

This is a special category created by Quicken which is neither income or expense.

How to I stop this behavior so my Income/Expense totals are consistent among my Mac Desktop and Devices?

Thanks
    Hello @Chris27,        

We are sorry about this issues with Adjustments in the Mobile application. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, go into your desktop application, then navigate to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, and then proceed through the instructions listed below:

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services.
    2. In the Cloud Account section, click Reset.

Step 2: After resetting your cloud data 

You'll need to sign out of the Mobile App and sign back in:

1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon  in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID

Note: The Mobile App is a companion app and requires the desktop Quicken program to sync data with. Make sure when syncing on your desktop that the accounts you want to sync are selected. In the Mobile & Web tab, you can see what accounts are enabled for Mobile Sync. If the accounts you want to sync are not listed there, you can click Edit Account Setting to add or remove accounts from Mobile Sync.

You can read more about these instructions in the Support Article linked here.

Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Chris27
    Chris27 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the response.  Unfortunately that did not work.  Adjustment transactions still show as earned income!

In the past I had it working correctly by using one-sided transfers in the asset account(s) on the desktop.  It would then enumerate correctly on devices.  Since the last update for the Mac I decided to use the new Dashboard Income/Expense tile.  To have that work correctly on the desktop I started using the adjustment category instead of one-sided transfers. Works great on the desktop, not good on my iPhone.
  • Chris27
    Chris27 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Since I got no feedback here...I called tech support.  Seems there is a bug in the iPhone App. Waste of time for me to have had to recategorized transactions and etc. on the desktop only to find out it does not mimic to the mobile app.  [Removed - Disruptive/Speculation]
This discussion has been closed.