Authorizing American Express

I was able to complete the authorizing of American Express, but every time I go to update my accounts it asks me to authorize American Express.

Comments

• JBaksha21
    JBaksha21 Member ✭✭
    Same here
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bobbi_kehoe, and @JBaksha21,    

We are sorry about these issues with online banking services and reauthorization loops. 

Are you currently making use of any antivirus software, pop-up blockers, or Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)? If so, note that it may be necessary to remove these, at least temporarily, in order to troubleshoot this issue further. Also, how many American Express accounts are you operating at once? What version of Windows are you currently running?

I look forward to your answers.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Charles Hadlock
    Charles Hadlock Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Same Problem. Endless loop to reauthorize, even though AMEX says it was successful. I only have one AMEX account and I have suspended ESET Antivirus, but same result. Using latest update to Window 10.

Quicken for Windows user since 1993 | Windows 11

• Quicken Jared
    Same Problem. Endless loop to reauthorize, even though AMEX says it was successful. I only have one AMEX account and I have suspended ESET Antivirus, but same result. Using latest update to Window 10.
    Hello @Charles Hadlock,   

We are sorry that you seem to be affected by these issues, as well. Thank you for telling us about what you're observing, and for answering earlier questions about the situation.

I have one additional question for all users experiencing these symptoms in their software: Are you operating any hidden accounts, currently?

You can check this by following the steps below:

1. n the Account List, click the account you want to view.
    2. Click Edit.
    3. Click the Display Options tab.
    4. Click to clear the appropriate check box. For example, click to clear the Hide this account in Account Bar check box to view the account in Account Bar.
    5. Click OK.

Let us know more about this, if you can. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • EXANDE1
    EXANDE1 Member
    I have the same issue of recurring Amex Auth request. Until it is fixed, my work around is to go to each individual account that I want to download transactions for and under settings, select "Reconcile", it brings up a window when you can select "download and reconcile". You can then download transactions to that account. Its a pain to have to go to each individual account but it works. It seems Quicken has re-authorization problems every time an institution changes its download process. Maybe they will figure it out eventually
  • Charles Hadlock
    edited February 2023
    I only have one active AMEX account, but there are older, hidden accounts from years ago. When I un-hide them and try One Step Update, it reauthorizes my current account (again). No other accounts are mentioned. But the loop continues the next time I use One Step Update.

• Quicken Jared
    edited February 2023
    I only have one active AMEX account, but there are older, hidden accounts from years ago. When I un-hide them and try One Step Update, it reauthorizes my current account (again). No other accounts are mentioned. But the loop continues the next time I use One Step Update.
    Hello @Charles Hadlock,   

Thanks for bringing additional information, and for answering the earlier question about hidden accounts. We are sorry that this issue is continuing. 

If I might ask, what type of account is this American Express account; is it a credit card, investment, checking account, etc? Also, were the old, hidden accounts still in use for online banking services, and had they been closed?

Thanks again for all of the information; we are investigating this issue further and information about this is being forwarded to the proper channels, although we do not have an ETA on a resolution. We apologize for the issues that this is causing and we thank you all for your patience.

Regards,

Quicken Jared 

• AlOhio
    AlOhio Member
    :( So I followed the screen prompts for the Amex update and now I have my old Amex account and a new one Blue Cash Everday account which has a couple of years of transactions in it. All but the five most recent transactions in new account are also in my old Amex account, I have assigned categories to the transactions in the old account and don't want to lose them. I would have expected my old account to have been authorized using the new method rather than having a new duplicative account created. What do I do now?
  • ElvisATX
    ElvisATX Member
    I have this same issue on Quick Mac Subscription
  • Utah1001
    Utah1001 Member
    I have multiple American Express accounts. I can only authorize one account.
  • alexmkaplan
    alexmkaplan Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue on Quicken Mac
  • Thom L
    Thom L Member
    When are we going to get a fix to the American Express Reauthorization issue for corporate accounts?
  • FaithRisa
    FaithRisa Member ✭✭
    Is there any update to authorizing American Express accounts?
  • Quicken Jared

Hello @FaithRisa ,

We are sorry about this issue with online banking services that seems to be affecting you, as well. Thank you for inquiring about this problem here on the Quicken Community.

Could you tell us what types of accounts you are operating - investments, savings, corporate cards, credit, etc? Also, let us know how many accounts you are operating with American Express, if you can.

I look forward to hearing more from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• alexmkaplan
    alexmkaplan Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing this for 1 personal credit card, 1 corporate credit card and 1 loan. I have 3 accounts with Amex.
  • Charles Hadlock
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @Charles Hadlock,   
    >
    >
    > Thanks for bringing additional information, and for answering the earlier question about hidden accounts. We are sorry that this issue is continuing. 
    >
    > If I might ask, what type of account is this American Express account; is it a credit card, investment, checking account, etc? Also, were the old, hidden accounts still in use for online banking services, and had they been closed?
    >
    > Thanks again for all of the information; we are investigating this issue further and information about this is being forwarded to the proper channels, although we do not have an ETA on a resolution. We apologize for the issues that this is causing and we thank you all for your patience.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

There was one Amex account that I had closed years ago. It still had online banking services checked. I unchecked online banking and -- for now -- the authorization loop has ended.
    Thank you!

• Ron Clevenger
    Ron Clevenger Member ✭✭
    I had this problem a few weeks ago - and it mysteriously disappeared.

Today, it has reappeared.
  • katzsj99
    katzsj99 Member
    The new Amex account authorization is not allowing for Corporate accounts. My personal account was selectable and works fine but for the Corporate account in Quicken, Amex is only showing the personal account to select...the Corp account is not even an option.
  • wawhite
    wawhite Member ✭✭
    > @katzsj99 said:
    > The new Amex account authorization is not allowing for Corporate accounts. My personal account was selectable and works fine but for the Corporate account in Quicken, Amex is only showing the personal account to select...the Corp account is not even an option.

I have this same issue - Corporate card in my name. It used to work, but for the re-authorization no accounts show up to authorize (Corp account is my only Amex).
  • JLCHATELAIN
    JLCHATELAIN Member ✭✭

Same issue, cannot use the new connection for corporate card. Even If I use new connection for my personal amex, the lack of corp amex support means the authorization loop does not go away.

• adb3043904
    adb3043904 Member

Same problem even after most recent Quicken update. 1 AMEX credit card account. Logging into AMEX produces a “succesful connection” response but then Quicken reports - “Connection failed due to time out.”

• SteveY
    SteveY Member ✭✭
    > @adb3043904 said:
    > Same problem even after most recent Quicken update. 1 AMEX credit card account. Logging into AMEX produces a “succesful connection” response but then Quicken reports - “Connection failed due to time out.”

I found I had to disable the Firefox extension Multi-Account Containers for Quicken and AmEx to complete the change.
  • EdNottingham
    EdNottingham Member ✭✭
    Windows 11, Quicken Premier: I was having the same issue. Based on an earlier recommendation, I did pause my antivirus software (Kaspersky), clicked on reauthorization, and apparently doing so fixed the issues. I just ran a test and AMEX was updated. I will observe and report if it returns.
  • MoJoJoJoTX
    MoJoJoJoTX Member

Same issue. I do not have any hidden accounts, all pop-up blockers and security software was temporarily disabled, and my one corporate card in my name does not show up to select for authorization. I am using Windows 10 Subscription and have attempted this with both Chrome and Edge.

• CFaulk
    CFaulk Member

Like many others who have commented here, I have an American Express Corporate card only. The account does not display when prompted to re-authorize. Windows 11, Edge, Quicken 47.15 (subscription). No hidden Amex accounts. Please get this issue corrected.

• jimwolak
    jimwolak Member ✭✭
    The authorization dialogue does not present my account to select to authorize. I get the disclaimer page, just no account listed to select, therefore authorization button is disabled and all I can do is cancel out. I have antivirus and popups turned off. Any ideas?
  • richardtlynn
    richardtlynn Member ✭✭
    Same problem - The authorization dialogue does not present my account to select to authorize. I get the disclaimer page, just no account listed to select, therefore authorization button is disabled and all I can do is cancel out. I have antivirus and popups turned off. Any ideas?
  • BrianGluck
    BrianGluck Member ✭✭
    Change the connection to “American Express - Delegate” if you have a corporate card that is actually sponsored by your employer.
  • ericrose12
    ericrose12 Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue - I was able to re-authorize via the new method for my personal amex account however my corp card is not listed within the amex view to pick my corp account...
  • 1qa6tf
    1qa6tf Member

Any progress in resolving the Re-Authorizing of American Express accounts? Looks like still problems………… I received an email from Quicken that 3/23 is now a deadline to reauthorize Amex Accounts…. How can it be done if still having issues????

This discussion has been closed.