How to change Quicken ID

Options
How do I change my quicken ID so that it will apply to the installed app as well as online? Just going online and changing the ID did not change the ID on the installed app

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hello @Rafi Schwartz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

First, the change will need to be made through your My Account page at www.quicken.com/my-account. Once you've made the change there, you can then make the change in your Quicken for Mac DeskTop program by signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in using the new Quicken ID (see instructions provided below). However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in
    I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    The Quicken ID is not associated with the application; it's associated with each Quicken data file. Open Quicken, and select Sign Out on the Quicken menu; then select Sign In, and sign in with your new Quicken ID. It will ask if you want to change the Quicken ID associated with this file. (I don't know if this impacts selected services, such as Quick Pay and Check Pay; I don't use these services, so perhaps others who use those services may be able to answer that.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.