How can this problem be corrected? (Q Mac)

Jeanml250
Jeanml250 Member ✭✭
Unable to start Quicken for Mac a second time without uninstalling and reinstalling it. After reinstalling Quicken opens as expected, but once you close it, if you want to use it again, it won't open and you have to force quit and reinstall it to get it working again. It is installed on a brand new Mac mini equipped with the apple M2Pro chip on Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    When you say it "won't open" and have to force quit, exactly how far does it get? Do you see any Quicken-generated screens?

If you haven't restarted the computer, you should of course do that. If that doesn't help, you should try starting in Safe Mode and see if the problem persists.

https://support.apple.com/lv-lv/guide/mac-help/mh21245/mac
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Questions… where is your data file located? In the default location Quicken uses, or a location you specified? Is the Quicken.app located in the top-level Applications folder (and not the Applications folder insured your User folder)?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jeanml250
    Jeanml250 Member ✭✭
    Without knowing why, after a few manipulations and re-installation, the problem seems to be solved.
    THANKS
  • Jeanml250
    Jeanml250 Member ✭✭
    I'm not sure what fixed the problem because I tried several things and I can't remember which ones worked.

Not sure, I believe finding and fixing disk errors with "diskutil" and terminal in recovery mode may have helped fix the problem, as I reinstalled Quicken afterwards and it worked.
This discussion has been closed.