Quicken does not properly remember selection in an account after restart (Q Mac)

zzz.pane
zzz.pane Member ✭✭
In one of my accounts I have about 6000 transactions, with the register sorted by date such that newest transactions are at the top. Every time I quit Quicken and restart, Quicken positions me 100 items lower in the list than were I left off.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    This has been an ongoing issue for as long as I can remember. Sometimes, but not always, if you scroll top, then edit and make a small change to the top transaction, then save it an immediately quit Quicken, it will remember the register scroll position. 

Not that is solves the problem, but the Home key on the keyboard will take you to the top without having to grab the scroll bar or move up a page at a time. If you don't have a Home key, then Fcn-RightArrow does the same thing.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • zzz.pane
    zzz.pane Member ✭✭
    Interesting, thank you. I am a longtime user and have not had this issue previously. I did try your possible remedy (small edit on top transaction, save, quit) ... it did not help.
  • RickO
    I have found that this usually eventually corrects itself but I've not been able find a technique that fixes it reliably every time. Some combination of edit/save/quit eventually seems to work, but I'm never sure exactly what did it. 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Option-up arrow jumps to the top or a register and highlights to top transaction. This is the key command I suggest you use.

Function-right arrow will scroll (jump) the screen to the bottom transaction and Function-left arrow will scroll (jump) the screen to the top transaction — but will not change the highlighted transaction. So if you do Function-up arrow, then click down arrow, Quicken will jump back to the previously highlighted transaction and move down one. Similarly, Function-up arrow and Function down-arrow scrolls up or down one screenful at a time, without changing the currently-highlighted transaction.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    Interesting. I have Option-up arrow set to do something else, so never use that. Perhaps it will also make the register remember where it was. Hope so.
This discussion has been closed.