In my old version of Quicken 2014 my budget was on a fiscal basis starting July.

TPao
TPao Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Reports (Windows)
In the new version the budget now only shows from January of the current year, with July ~ DEcember blank.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    click EDIT, Preferences, Calendar and Currency to set your Fiscal Year

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• TPao
    TPao Member ✭✭
    Already did that.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Did you create a new budget?
    This setting is only applied to new budgets.  Also, what it does is set the "default" for the new budget.  Whenever create a new budget if you expand the Advanced Budget Settings, you will see the default, and it is also possible to change it to start the budget on a different month.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • TPao
    TPao Member ✭✭
    THis was old budget that worked fine in old version of Quicken.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    About the only thing I can suggest for that is make sure the setting is correct and convert the old Quicken 2014 data file again and see if that helps.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because you have defined a Fiscal Year, from July 2022 to July 2023, I would say that the numbers are correct.
    If you wish (or need) to see budget numbers for July 2023 - December 2023 you need to extend the budget into next fiscal year.
  • TPao
    TPao Member ✭✭
    No, even the old fiscal report does not show budget data except January ~ JUne
  • TPao
    TPao Member ✭✭
    So, new old issue. I decided to try on my wife's laptop. I installed on the same day. Obviously same file. It works. So uninstalled, deleted all files, folders, etc. Fresh install. Now even worse. NO budget data, and budget reports come back with no requested columns like month, year etc. Even if I choose one no data!
This discussion has been closed.