Quicken reporting incorrect credit usage

JML1
JML1 Member
Quicken reports I am at 84% credit usage. This is absolutely wrong. My correct usage is approximately 2%. The total credit card debt appears to be close, but the total credit limit of all cards, are completely wrong. It appears to me that they left off a digit which would cause the problem. The weird thing is the credit score looks right. Reading through the comments Quicken suggests the problem has been resolved but it hasn't in my case.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    JML1 said:
    Quicken reports I am at 84% credit usage. This is absolutely wrong. My correct usage is approximately 2%. The total credit card debt appears to be close, but the total credit limit of all cards, are completely wrong. It appears to me that they left off a digit which would cause the problem. The weird thing is the credit score looks right. Reading through the comments Quicken suggests the problem has been resolved but it hasn't in my case.
    Hello @JML,

We are sorry to hear about this problem with inaccurate credit score information. Thank you for talking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

If you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. When you navigate to the Credit Score feature at the bottom of the Account List bar, do you notice the same issue?

Let us know how this works, if you get the chance. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • JML1
    JML1 Member
    Still the same results, 84% Credit card usage.
  • nacho628
    nacho628 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    This is not resolved, even though the Quicken 'team' advised that it was (CTP-3974).

We are not reporting that the data is incorrect.

What we are reporting is that this used to work and displayed what users feel is 'appropriate' for the section entitled Credit Card Usage'. Credit Card Usage and Credit Card Debt should not include Mortgages because Mortgages are not considered 'Credit Cards'.

Sometime between October, 2021 and January, 2022, the format of the report/screen/modal was changed. The section entitled 'Credit Card Usage' previously displayed only REVOLVING CREDIT. Now, it displays the total of ALL CREDIT.

We are simply asking for the previous format and related data to be reinstated.

Since it was previously displayed in this manner, it's not a 'feature', 'enhancement', or 'idea'.

A section devoted to NON-REVOLVING CREDIT (i.e., mortgages) to split the two types of credit into separate sections would be a nice 'feature', enhancement' or 'idea', but not required, since it wasn't included prior to January, 2022.
  • Hello @JML1 and @nacho628,

Thank you for reaching back out. 

I have confirmed through my internal systems that this specific issue (CTP-3794) has been reopened and is currently being investigated and worked on. 

I apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin

Hi @JML1 and @nacho628 , can you please let us know if you see if you were able to see your correct credit score (if the refresh date was 6/27 or after)? Thanks!  

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@"Quicken Janean", I did an OSU this morning … but my "Credit Card Debt" still includes my mortgage.

Is there a particular Build that's needed?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin

@NotACPA Do you know when your next refresh date is? Was it before yesterday? Can you please confirm? Thanks!

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

AAAAh, My Credit Score is as-of 5/30, with a Next Update 8/28. Is that the "refresh" that you're referencing?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.