Unable to deactivate account because I need to accept downloaded transactions (which don't exist)

Options
I had an account with Bank of America in 2006 and closed it in 2007, and had the account included on Quicken.

I had no issues with this account on Quicken until last year where for some reason, it shows on the "Online Services" tab of "Account Details" that it "... is set up for transaction download" with "Financial Institution: Fidelity Investments" and "Connection Method Direct Connect". I have no idea why it was set up with Fidelity Investments sometime last year, but probably was something that I unknowingly did.

In any case, there is a red flag next to this account suggesting I have transactions to download. However, none are actually visible (and there shouldn't be since the account with the financial institution has actually be closed since 2007).

When I try to deactivate the account, I get a message "Quicken can not edit... because there are downloaded transactions that must first be accepted into the account register or transaction list. Finish accepting the downloaded transactions, and then try again."

Since there are no visible transactions, I cannot deactivate the account.

Ultimately, I'm trying to get the red flag removed. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @gwforit,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

I have located a Support Article that discusses some troubleshooting steps to take when Quicken says there are transactions to accept but you do not see any. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case). 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.