Quicken for International Users- Unable to Update Quicken now, very incovenient

Options
Guillermo A
Guillermo A Member
edited March 2023 in Before you Buy
Hi, I have been using quicken since 1991 and have always managed to update the version every 6 or 7 years.

I live in Spain.

Now, however, I can't manage to update the version because the purchase system detects the credit card is not from US/Canada and I can't even pay with Paypal because it is associated to a foreign credit card. It is very inconvenient that Quicken does not allow international users to purchase the program. I am sure there are quite a few users around the world with the same issue.

Would it be possible to purchase the program for international users which would include being able to use a foreign credit card or Paypal and get the backup disk sent to countries other the US or Canada?.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You are the first I've seen that stated it was due to a foreign credit card, generally it is the postal ZIP code that causes the issue and we tell users to use a ZIP code from the US, like maybe their Embassy's ZIP code.
    Keep in mind though, if you update to subscription Quicken (your only choice), when the subscription expires, you will lose about 25% of your Quicken window space to a banner and panel telling you that it has expired and that you really should renew your subscription.  Also, if you purchase Quicken Starter, it goes into READ-ONLY mode with no ability to update your transactions.
    You are better off staying with your current version as long as it can run on your computer's OS.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Guillermo A
    Options
    Hi, I am trying to ship the Disk to Canada so, that might be the issue then?
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Hi, I am trying to ship the Disk to Canada so, that might be the issue then?
    Probably yes. It says right on the order screen that they will only ship the disc to US addresses.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Guillermo A
    Options
    Thank you.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why get the disk?  If your computer can read it, your computer can most probably write one.  Get the download and burn your own copy and save most of the $4.99.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.