Farmers insurance

If Quicken is never going to fix the biller Farmers Insurance then why list it as a biller bat all. It is very misleading. It gives the impression that it is supported. I have been trying since last fall to no avail.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that cannot be resolved in a timely fashion?

Due to the complexity of the matter it can take apparently forever to identify and fix a problem. Bypass the issue. While you're fighting the Bill Manager windmill, waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed or late payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and all future payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller's computer system will do all the work for you to make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken unlink the bill and just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transactions. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• Phil
    Phil Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Why is the constant advice in this forum to NOT use the advertised promised functions of Quicken that we pay for? Sure, I can do the workaround, but that's not how I prefer to pay Farmers and other companies. I want to use the functions Quicken sold to me. (The old bill payment system in Quicken worked great.)
    Hey, Quicken: When will Farmers be fixed in Bill Manager?
  • Phil
    Phil Member ✭✭✭
    Farmers payment failed again. This time Quicken had a warning sign in Bill Manager on processing day. It asked to authenticate via text, so I did. A little while later, payment failed anyway. Farmers says it should work, but has no clue why it doesn't.
  • Why
    Why Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. Quicken... pickup the phone and call Farmers and fix this problem... ie turn off OTP for incoming payments. Thinks about it... how much fraud can there be if the transaction is just sending money to Farmers.
  • Why
    Why Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. When I call Farmers and Quicken support they both act like they never heard about this problem yet it has been discussed here for months. Now Farmers has been removed from the list of available on line billers. Exactly the solution you have been waiting for... can't fix it, remove it. But they don't remove any amount from our subscription fees. They want us to give out our bank details for auto pay. But they will not stand behind the risk of a breach with that!
This discussion has been closed.