Can I stop split transactions from being pre-populated?

Options
rwhtx
rwhtx Member ✭✭
I want to do a simple split of grocery expenses, but the split transaction pop-up is already filled out with the last split amounts, and one more to reconcile the new total amount.

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Go to Edit > Preferences > Register and turn off "Automatically enter split data" if it's on.
    If that doesn't do the trick, try Preferences > Data entry and QuickFill and turn off "Complete fields using previous entries".
    One of those ought to do it, but I'm not sure which. Come back and let us know if one of them did the job.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Go to Edit > Preferences > Register and turn off "Automatically enter split data" if it's on.
    If that doesn't do the trick, try Preferences > Data entry and QuickFill and turn off "Complete fields using previous entries".
    One of those ought to do it, but I'm not sure which. Come back and let us know if one of them did the job.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• rwhtx
    rwhtx Member ✭✭
    Options
    "Complete fields using previous entries" was checked. Unchecking solved the problem, but at the expense of not having auto-complete on Payee names. I rely on downloaded entries, so that is not much of an issue.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The reason I think this is happening is because you have a memorized payee that is memorized as a split.

If I'm correct, then you would want to deal with just that one memorized payee.

Turning "Complete fields using previous entries" off might do it, but it will also turn off filling in the categories for all payees entered, which might be more than you want.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • rwhtx
    rwhtx Member ✭✭
    Options
    It was memorized as a split. I had to manually clear the amounts and then "Lock" the memorized Payee.
This discussion has been closed.