account does not exist...why? (error OL 362-A)

Although I understand that the solution is to restart Quicken, the message "your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file" is an annoying frequent problem (OL 362-A)....there HAS to be a better solution

Answers

• Hello @Steve22,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Which financial institution are you experiencing this issue with? What occurs that causes this error message to appear? If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. 

I look forward to your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Steve22
    Steve22 Member ✭✭
    Performing one-step-update initiates the error message....institutions are TD Ameritrade and UBS Financial Services
  • Hello @Steve22,

Thank you for providing that screenshot.

This error usually occurs when account information is out of sync with the bank server. The information can become out of sync for a number of reasons. You may follow this link to access a FAQ that discusses this error message in more detail and provides some troubleshooting steps to take. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.