Optum Bank HSA Can't Connect

It looks like Optum Bank has a new process where it redirects to HealthSafe ID at login. As a result I can't connect to Quicken for downloads. I assume this is an Optum Bank issue since they need to update Intuit for the redirect, but wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue?

Comments

• hurwi
    hurwi Mac Beta Beta
    Having the same issue, but it was working a week ago and the HealthSafe ID process has been around for much longer than that.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @elott123 and @hurwi,   

We are sorry that you are experiencing these issues with linking accounts to online banking services. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance. 

Are you being redirected by the URL provided for Optum Bank in the Add Account screen? Also, is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well. 

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • hurwi
    hurwi Mac Beta Beta
    I get a "Quicken Cannot Connect to This Account".

When I click resolve it asks me to log in again. When I do it says my credentials are wrong. They are not as I use them to log into the Optum Bank website no problem.

• Also getting intermittent error. Had the error, went away for a day, then came back today. This suggests an Optum issue, not a Quicken one, but Quicken needs to contact them to get it resolved.
  • PatrickM
    PatrickM Member
    I also am having this problem. Last successful update 2/14/23. I am positive my login and password are correct.
  • christinaund
    christinaund Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. Last connection was 2/14/2023 and my login is the same. It has been working.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2023
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
    (CTP-6004)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• smajicek
    smajicek Member ✭✭
    Hello, I also have this issue, just paid my quicken renewal, not feeling good about this.
  • I am having the same issue. I have reported it twice to Quicken via the app. My last successful connection was on the 16th.
  • WILLB
    WILLB Member
    Any resolution to connecting with OPTUM Bank? Same errors as others are getting
  • smajicek
    smajicek Member ✭✭
    OMG, just tried it this morning and its working
  • yup works for me now as well. I assume Quicken fixed something.
    Thanks Quicken
  • hurwi
    hurwi Mac Beta Beta

Hmm, yesterday it didn't work so I went to the website and it asked me to reset my password. I did that and went back to Quicken where I entered the new password and it had me relink the accounts. It gave me an error about Quicken Cloud (see screenshot) but I clicked “I'll Check it Later” and then Optum downloaded new transactions and I figured all was fixed!

However, this morning, the same thing happened! It didn't work. Went to website. Asked to reset password. Relinked accounts. Cloud error. Then it worked. Will see tomorrow if I have to repeat the process to get it to work again.

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2023

Does the solution posted by JeffinPTC here work for you @WILLB ?

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• it stopped working for me today. This is getting old
  • christinaund
    christinaund Member ✭✭
    I still can not connect. Nor am I able to even report it to Quicken. The report to quicken does not work
  • Not sure this is rocket science? Considering canceling my Quicken subscription
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue here in the Community, though we apologize for the trouble.

This has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JeffinPTC
    JeffinPTC Member ✭✭
    No wonder it seems like I'm fixing stuff like this weekly:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7930621/optum-bank-cc-503#latest
  • Bill Zakowski
    Bill Zakowski Member ✭✭
    yea, not so great here. I switched from MoneyDance. Maybe I'll go back
  • Brian Green
    Brian Green Member ✭✭
    Tried again this morning, same error as everyone else. Come on Quicken...get this resolved, this is getting ridiculous!
  • Khemo
    Khemo Member ✭✭
    I now can't connect to my Optum, Penfed (many months), and USAA accounts. Soon Quicken will be totally useless except manually adding account data
  • smajicek
    smajicek Member ✭✭
    Mine is working fine
  • hurwi
    hurwi Mac Beta Beta

Mine seems ok this month so far

• Bill Zakowski
    Bill Zakowski Member ✭✭
    @hurwi @smajicek are you saying you are able to connect to Optus Bank?
    thanks
  • hurwi
    hurwi Mac Beta Beta

@Bill Zakowski Optum bank? At the moment, it seems to be working for me, yes.

• smajicek
    smajicek Member ✭✭
    > @Bill Zakowski said:
    > @hurwi @smajicek are you saying you are able to connect to Optus Bank?
    > thanks
    >

Yes Bill, I can connect to OPTUM bank as well as ALLY which was broken due to MFA
  • Bill Zakowski
    Bill Zakowski Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja status please. this is over 3 weeks now. what is the issue
  • crashmeister3
    crashmeister3 Member ✭✭
    After Q update this morning I was able to connect and download.
  • Bill Zakowski
    Bill Zakowski Member ✭✭
    I did the update and still cannot connect and download
This discussion has been closed.