Update Summary doesn't appear after One Step Update

Dan Miller
Dan Miller Member ✭✭✭

For the last two days that I have run One Step Update, the Update Summary failed to appear. In both Update runs there were several transactions that were downloaded to Quicken. Has something changed in One Step Update?

Thanks,

Dan

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

One Step Update Summary is under Tools, not Edit.

You might have inadvertently clicked the “Show this window only when there are errors” check box at the bottom of the summary. Now that you know where to find it, take a look and see whether that is the case.

We don't recommend keeping your active data file on OneDrive. Keep it in a plain vanilla folder which is not going to be accessed by anything other than Quicken.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Dan Miller
    Dan Miller Member ✭✭✭

Has something been changed in ONe Step Update?

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello "@Dan Miller",

We are sorry about this problem wtih the One Step Update feature, and online banking services. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, what happens when you navigate to Edit > One Step Update Summary? Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer… in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that your data file is located on the computer and not an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic behavior and even data damage.

If you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted.

You may then add one of your online banking accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the Tools menu option in upper left-hand side of the screen, or in the more central, upper left-hand panel, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same issue occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• Dan Miller
    Dan Miller Member ✭✭✭

Hi Jared

Thanks for your response. I did as you instructed and under the Edit option there is no option for One Step Update Summary, see attached screenshot. Yes the file is on my computer, see screenshot

Dan

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

One Step Update Summary is under Tools, not Edit.

You might have inadvertently clicked the “Show this window only when there are errors” check box at the bottom of the summary. Now that you know where to find it, take a look and see whether that is the case.

We don't recommend keeping your active data file on OneDrive. Keep it in a plain vanilla folder which is not going to be accessed by anything other than Quicken.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Dan Miller
    Dan Miller Member ✭✭✭

Got it Rocket J Squirrel,

Thanks so much for your reply, that fixed my problem and I will address the data file issue recommended today. Have a great week.

Dan

This discussion has been closed.