More strange stuff from Update R47.11

I just did an update with an account set up with Direct Connect. Never had any issues with this account before after doing an update. Today, the update downloaded a transaction as new, but it was a previously reconciled transaction from Jan 20th. Anybody else enjoying the Twighlight Zone on Quicken?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2023
    Hello @Candy Man,

Thank you for visiting the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To better assist you further, could you please provide the name of the financial institution for this account?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Candy Man
    Candy Man Member ✭✭
    Republic Bank of KY
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for following up, though I apologize for the delay in my response.

Have you noticed this issue occur with only the one single transaction or is this occurring with multiple transactions? Also, do you know if the previously reconciled transaction was also a downloaded transaction or was it manually entered?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Candy Man
    Candy Man Member ✭✭
    It was manually entered using bill reminder. Since then, everything seems to be working okay. But now I have another problem with my Capital One credit card accounts. On one account the balance increased by more than $4,000 dollars, This also happened about 4 months ago, so I created a new account starting 4/1/2022. Why this is happening again is annoying. On the 2nd card account, it is not updating posted transactions. On the bright side, the updating issues I had with my BofA credit card account works now. And I am no longer having issues with my Ally Bank savings account, despite what others are reporting today.
  • Hello @Candy Man,

Thank you for reaching back out.

Regarding the issues that you are experiencing with Capital One, are you receiving any error codes or messages? What is your connection method? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. How long have these issues regarding your balance and downloading transactions been occurring?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Candy Man
    Candy Man Member ✭✭
    Received no error codes or messages. All Capital One accounts are set up as Web Connect. The first time the problem surfaced was back in the summer. To resolve it, I created a new account with only recent transactions so I would balance. Had no problems after that until just recently. There seems to be a pattern here. First Cap One - Then Bank of America- Then Ally Bank-and now Cap One again. But whenever I had issues, it would be with just one account, and then that would get fixed one way or another.
  • Candy Man
    Candy Man Member ✭✭
    I just fixed my Capital One problem temporarily by adjusting the beginning balance, so the resulting ending balance is correct. This is how I usually fix the problem, or I will deselect the online selection in Accounts and reset the account. But for 20 years, I have never had to do this!
  • Candy Man
    Candy Man Member ✭✭
    I just updated my Capital One account. A new transaction dated 02/28/2023 needed to be downloaded into Quicken. I did the update and the transaction appeared in Quicken. I accepted it, but then I could not find it in my register. I undid the acceptance and noticed the downloaded item had a date of 01/03/2023 and not the correct date of 02/28/2023. I went to 01/03/23 in my register and found an identical transaction there that was previously reconciled! There is something wrong here when a downloaded transaction selects an already reconciled transaction for the update match.
  • Candy Man
    Candy Man Member ✭✭
    More on earlier comment. I could not change the date on the downloaded transaction, so I went to the 01/03 on and changed the payee. This somehow changed the downloaded transaction to accepted, and now it's frozen and I cannot delete it. It's stuck and untouchable in the download box of Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.