Transaction Dates Don't Match

Options
Nemo
Nemo Member ✭✭
My account reconciliation was off by .05 cents. I compared the statement with Quicken and saw that the statement date for the .05 cent difference was 01/31/2023, while Quicken's date for the .05 cent difference was 02/01/2023. No problem, I'll just edit the Quicken date to match the statement date and all will be well. WRONG. Even though the dates now match (statement and Quicken) when I bring up the account to Reconcile in Quicken the transaction is NOT included. HELP.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Nemo ,

We are sorry about this problem with reconciling accounts. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

Have you tried restoring from a recent backup? We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file. 

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Reconcile uses the download posting date not the transaction date for downloaded transactions. You can't change the download posting date. Instead, change the reconcile end date to 2/1/2023.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.