How do I change the bank that owns and services a credit card. I don't want to lose history

I have a BJs card that was previously serviced thru Comenity bank. Today they changed and are now a part of Capital One bank. I changed the account name and put in the new account number. But I can't figure out how to change it from Comenity to Capital One for connection purposes.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2023

Just disconnect the account and then re-connect it to the new bank. You'll probably have some duplicate transactions the first time you connect but you shouldn't lose anything. I'd make a backup of your file first just in case.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• debbieg5
    debbieg5 Member
    where do I do a disconnect? What screen? I saw a deactivate
  • Jon
    edited February 2023

Right-click on the account in the account sidebar & select Account Settings. Go to the Downloads tab & select Disconnect Account; then repeat those steps & select Connect Account. After you enter your login credentials for Chase, on the next screen make sure you select your existing Quicken account for your BJs card - it might default to creating a new account instead.

Or, instead of selecting Disconnect Account, select Change Connection. It should work pretty much the same but combine the disconnect & connect steps.

• debbieg5
    debbieg5 Member
    when I do a right click on the account name in the sidebar, I don't see an "Account Settings". I ssee "Edit/Delete account" and a few other things
  • debbieg5
    debbieg5 Member
    if i go to Edit account and the Account Details screen, there are 3 tabs...General, Online Services and Display Options
  • Jon

Ah, crap, sorry, I failed to notice you're using Quicken Windows. I'm not sure exactly what the steps are to disconnect & reconnect your account but that's still the basic process you should follow.

• Jon
    edited February 2023

OK, I think you want to right-click on the account in the sidebar, select Edit/Delete Account, and then go to the Online Services tab. Select Deactivate Account. When that finishes you can select the Set Up Now… button to reconnect it to Chase.

• debbieg5
    debbieg5 Member
    I really wasn't sure what release I was on. the notes say Version R47.15
  • debbieg5
    debbieg5 Member
    the choice on the Online Services tab is "Deactivate". What will that do?
  • Jon
    edited February 2023

That's the option you want, it will disconnect your account from Comenity. When that's done there will be a Set Up Now button which you can select to connect the account to Chase.

• debbieg5
    debbieg5 Member
    does deactivating do anything to my history of transactions????
  • Jon

No, you don't lose anything.

• debbieg5
    debbieg5 Member
    OK....thanks for all of your help Jon. I'll do a backup before just to be safe
This discussion has been closed.