Tax Reports opens with wrong year

jl747
jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2023 in Reports (Windows)

When you go to Reports - Tax and pick any of the following Schedule A, B or D and Maximum Account Balance (FBAR) they open up showing year 2022.

With data for any of those already downloaded (in registers) the Reports should open with year 2023 (Current year).

Does anyone else see this problem?

Logging out and back in does not correct them. Nor does picking the current year and hoping Quickens to remeber the year.

Saving the Reports does maintain year.

Tax Schedule and Summary shows Current Year.

I have sent in a Report a Problem from within Quicken.

Quicken Premier R47.15 (27.1.47.15)

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

Tagged:

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I see it happen as you described as well. Looks like Quicken needs to update the default year for these 4 reports.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boatnmaniac

Thanks for confirming the problem.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't there a default date range preference for reports? Is there anything in that preference setting that pertains to tax year or current year?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@mshiggins

This what my Preferences show for Reports & Graphs.

Did not have this problem before.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I just did a Chat and they claim this is not a Bug.

Business = Quicken Support

They said, " Business said

Isn't a bug, all the quicken programs works in that form."

I do not have any other Quicken version so that I can verfiy this statement.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

The default date range for reports affects all the other reports. The reports in question list the date renge as “Tax year” and the dropdown list was recently changed to show the past 20 years rather than the past 5 (IIRC).

I'm not sure what the signicance of “Tax year” is. These reports don't include carryover items like January estimated taxes and IRA contributions made for the previous year. Maybe their date range changes if you have Quicken's fiscal year set to something other than Jan - Dec.

QWin Premier subscription
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jim_Harman

Changing from Fiscal to Jan-Dec does notfix the problem.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited March 2023

Everything @jl747 has said is exactly what I am seeing. The default year when opening these 4 reports should be showing 2023, not 2022.

That all being said, this is more of a nuisance than anything else. If all the issues we experience/observe in Quicken were of this nature and significance there wouldn't be much of a Community, would there? 🤔

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boatnmaniac

True about being a nuisance. I am not a programmer but it shouldn't be much of a change to get this right when the year changes over.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure I agree with any of this. I am still preparing my 2022 tax return and don't yet care about 2023 taxes at all.

Perhaps this will update in mid April (and yes, I know tax year 2022's filing deadline was extended).

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Boatnmaniac

I think at this point most people are beyond needing 2022 tax data and are now planning for 2023.

But, as mentioned above, I also think this is nothing more than a nuisance issue. I personally generally do not pull up the default Tax Reports. I instead have customized them the way I want and need and then saved them. When I need to see any of the tax reports (even for the prior year) I will pull up the saved reports, not the default reports. Then I always get exactly what I want and need to see.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it's the end of March and this problem still exists.

Saved current year Reports are OK.

I did send this problem via Report a Problem.

Yes it is annoying.

• Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭

I have also noticed a quirk in what I thought were standard reports. For instance, (am currently working on my taxes) I run a tax report as follows:

you see that in the standard report menu, the default tax year is 2022, what many of us are working on during Q1 of 2023. So I say "show Report" and first few times was confused when I took a quick look at the results. Then I noticed that the report showed / defaulted to 2004! see below.

The reports didn't do this last year — for sure. quirky.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Well this is still broken in 27.1.49.22. I did send a message via the Report a Problem. Not holding my breath.

This discussion has been closed.