downloaded transactions fail to appear in Summary (edit)

melS
melS Member ✭✭
This week transactions that I download from PNC Bank fail to appear in my transaction summary! The correct balance downloads and I can reconcile the account, but only by "ignoring downloaded transactions."

Comments

• Hello @mel$,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Did the transactions download properly to your register? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? What exactly is occurring? What is your connection method with PNC Bank? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• melS
    melS Member ✭✭
    Thank you for reaching out. I am an experienced Quicken user for more than 20 years. My check register for the PNC account has the flag to show downloaded transactions are there, but none appear in the "Downloaded Transactions" below the register. No error messages or codes appear. I connect by "Direct Connect" download daily and pay all my bills through Quicken at PNC.
    When I reconcile the account it Quicken asks if I want to clear the downloaded trans first. Since none appear, I say no and can then reconcile by locating the outstanding checks that make up the difference between PNC's balance and mine in Quicken.
    Let me know if you have additional questions.
  • Randy R
    Randy R Member
    I'm having the same problem. Today, three different accounts show the red flag next to account name but no downloaded transactions are visible. Two are credit cards, one is a checking account. Two are direct connect, one is express web connect. I've been using Quicken since the 70s.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are all three accounts with the same bank?
    In that case, you need to deactivate all three accounts plus any old, long forgotten, hidden or closed accounts with that bank that are still activated.
    When done deactivating, restart Quicken and then reactivate all three by using the “Add Accounts” process ("+" icon in the Accounts Sidebar title). Be sure to correctly LINK accounts to their existing Quicken account registers.

• Randy R
    Randy R Member
    The three accounts are with 3 different banks. It is also affecting investment accounts. Dividends and interest payments created red flags but are not visible
  • melS
    melS Member ✭✭
    Today I discovered, while trying to reconcile investment accounts, that none of my downloaded transactions from Schwab appear in the "Downloaded transactions" for any of my three accounts. My download is now worthless and with the number of transactions I have reconciliation is a nightmare! The only information that is useful is the current cash balance. All of these problems began after the last Quicken Software update.
  • Randy R
    Randy R Member
    Is there a way to undo/uninstall the last update?
  • melS
    melS Member ✭✭
    I thought about that, RR, and tried to "Reset Account" in the Online Services tab of Accounts. Quicken then told me that action was not available until I cleared my Downloaded Transactions. That step cannot be completed as the transactions do not appear to allow clearance! UGH!
  • melS
    melS Member ✭✭
    There is some good news here. A recent interaction by Quicken with Schwab resulted in downloaded transactions appearing again for those accounts.
    Sadly my troubles with PNC downloads continue without resolution. Every day I get a new balance that I can reconcile to by deducing which checks should have downloaded. But to my dismay they fail to appear in downloaded trans and I must reconcile with out clearing those trans. UGH! I hope someone at Quicken eventually reads this post!
This discussion has been closed.