Quicken not showing correct online balance for Bank of America

After downloading transactions from Bank of America today, I noticed that Quicken is not showing the correct online balance. I've tried updating a couple of times, but that hasn't resolved the problem. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello @ldylwyrva,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

When reviewing this incorrect online balance and comparing it to your online account on the bank's website, does the total online balance appear to include pending transactions by chance?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello @ldylwyrva,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

When reviewing this incorrect online balance and comparing it to your online account on the bank's website, does the total online balance appear to include pending transactions by chance?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ldylwyrva
    ldylwyrva Member ✭✭
    The online balance included one pending transaction, but even after taking that into account, the numbers did not match. However, today, that pending transaction has completed, and now the numbers match.
  • mjs
    mjs Member ✭✭
    I've recently started having the same problem; it started about the same time reported above.

In my case the issue's very clear: It's what Quicken Anja stated: the Quicken total online balance now includes pending transactions. Always and every time. It didn't before and shouldn't now.
This discussion has been closed.