Deposit not posting in Quicken

Options
Edward
Edward Member ✭✭
I have a regular deposit from a retirement fund that posts to my bank account but does not post to Quicken when I do a One Step Update. How can I fix this? This has appended for 2 consecutive months.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I suggest checking the log files of what is being downloaded from the financial institution.

If the download method is Direct Connect or Web Connect .QFX file download, the log file to look in the is OFX log. Express Web Connect and Express Web Connect+ methods use the Quicken Cloud Services log.

You will find the log files by going to Help→Contact Support→Log Files.

For the OFX log, save it to a .txt file and view it using Notepad. The Quicken Cloud Services log can be viewed directly.

Report back with your findings of whether or not the transactions are shown in the log.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Edward
    Edward Member ✭✭
    Options
    I looked into the files you suggested. It's all unknown coding to me. However, when I looked into the Customer Central Errors file, the account in question posted two FDP103 errors. Could this be the problem?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, the log files are confusing gibberish, but the thing to do is search for the amount of the transaction in question. Once found, look around near it for a date to make sure it is the correct one if the transaction is a recurring one of the same amount.

The idea is just to find out if it is in the download, nothing more than that.

As to the errors, I have no information.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Edward
    Edward Member ✭✭
    Options
    I pasted the OFX file contents into 2 different text editors and searched for the dollar amount. Zero hits. What's baffling to me is that the amount of the deposit is in my credit union's website.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In those searches, did you use any characters such as $ or a comma? Don't. Numbers and the period only.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Edward
    Edward Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did use the numbers and period only...NO hits
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it. The errors you mentioned, FDP 103, might well be the cause.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support and select Chat or Phone support.
    • Support is only available during posted hours of operation
    • The phone number can be found at the support website.
    • To start Chat or see the support phone number, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
      See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7870684/faq-talk-to-support-does-not-respond#latest
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account (US) or (Canada) when you log in with your Quicken ID. Place the call using the phone whose number is recorded in your account profile.
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

This discussion has been closed.