New Account Partnership with USAA

:# The new update for USAA downloads changed my other bank accounts to USAA and now, this can't be changed back to the original bank. I've tried deactivating and resetting. This did not show up as a download for USAA but it tries to connect to USAA to update. Every time Quicken updates, it is a nightmare. Any ideas on how to change financial institution back to original so I can download or am I stuck deleting and recreating the account? And if I do that, what keeps this from happening every time I do a USAA update?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    :# The new update for USAA downloads changed my other bank accounts to USAA and now, this can't be changed back to the original bank. I've tried deactivating and resetting. This did not show up as a download for USAA but it tries to connect to USAA to update. Every time Quicken updates, it is a nightmare. Any ideas on how to change financial institution back to original so I can download or am I stuck deleting and recreating the account? And if I do that, what keeps this from happening every time I do a USAA update?
    Hello @FalconHeavy,    

Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that your current active data file is located on your computer and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic behavior and even data damage.

What Account Types are being operated? Are any of these accounts listed corporate cards? Are there investments involved?

Lastly, I recommend submitting program log files by navigating to Help > Report a problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen. You may then include a brief description of the issue as well as any available screenshots you may have along with the data logs. Although we will investigate this issue further, we do not have an ETA on a resolution, and you will not receive a response through these submissions, as these are used purely for investigative purposes.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • EricC
    EricC Member ✭✭✭

I had this problem. When I re-authorized USAA, one of my non-USAA accounts (AMEX Savings) somehow was connected to on of my USAA accounts. I tried to deactivate and switch back, but it didn't allow me to break free of USAA.

I found an easy way to get the AMEX account connected back to AMEX. I used the Add Account (in Tools menu) feature for AMEX Savings to set up a new connected account. I entered AMEX credentials as prompted within Quicken. When the screen comes up to create a new account in Quicken or link to existing — select Link to Account already in Quicken and choose the account you are trying to switch back (in my case the AMEX Savings). The AMEX Savings was re-linked to AMEX after the process completed! This is a pretty painless way to fix the problem. Good luck!

• TACAMO80
    TACAMO80 Member

Similar happened to me this past weekend. USAA over wrote two of my other accounts. I ended up having to delete those two accounts and then add them back in. The old data was lost.

Also my USAA credit card transactions have not down loaded since March 5th. The transaction has cleared but the charge type category still says pending on it.

• ftyminski
    ftyminski Member ✭✭
    I did not have that problem w R47.11. In just updated to 47.15 Quicken Hime & business. Has this issue happened? Don’t know.
This discussion has been closed.