H&R Block 2022 tax software on Mac High Sierra (10.13.6)?

syncrasy
syncrasy Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2023 in The Water Cooler
Question for Mac users still running High Sierra (macOS 10.13.6)…

Has anyone tried running H&R Block 2022 tax software on your High Sierra Mac? The official word is that only Catalina (10.15) and later are supported, but I read one user report (on a Mac-related site) that said they were able to successfully install and run H&R Block software on their High Sierra Mac. Perhaps it’s simply not supported from a customer service standpoint, but technically it will still run (similar to Quicken’s position with Mac version 6.12 on High Sierra).

Downloadable software is non-refundable, so I thought I would try asking the Quicken community before taking the gamble. (If it doesn’t work, I’ll have to re-buy the software in the Windows version.)

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not ask your question on the H&R Block website?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• syncrasy
    syncrasy Member ✭✭✭
    > @splasher said:
    > Why not ask your question on the H&R Block website?

As far as I can tell, there is no H&R Block community forum. H&R Block's official web resources, as well live customer support, state the official software requirements (they are not allowed to comment on unofficial use or anecdotal reports). Since Quicken has an active Mac user community, and H&R Block can import Quicken tax-related files, I figured there might be at least one Mac/Quicken user who has the answer.
  • jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta

@syncrasy

I found this on the Web and I guess the main issue would be the part I underlined with “might” being the key. So you would be taking a chance.

Does My Computer Meet H&R Block Software System Requirements?

To install your tax software, your computer needs to be able to meet several H&R Block software system requirements. Without these basic requirements, the H&R Block Tax Software might not be able to function properly on your computer.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• syncrasy
    syncrasy Member ✭✭✭

Update for any interested Mac High Sierra users…

I rolled the dice and purchased the H&R Block 2022 software (download). It installed fine, launched, performed the usual updates, allowed me to import my prior year tax file and save a new file, and offered to open a Quicken TXF financial file as usual. It appears to be working normally so far. I'm now proceeding with caution on High Sierra.

This discussion has been closed.