syncing investments to Quicken

Anyone else having trouble syncing investments to Quicken? I keep getting login problems with Edward Jones.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @cav503,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with Edward Jones? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. Are you experiencing issues when attempting to add your accounts to Quicken or when attempting to download transactions from accounts that have already been connected? Do you receive any error codes or messages? How long has this issue been occurring?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• cav503
    cav503 Member
    Connection method is direct connect. I am attempting to sync my investment accounts with Quicken which I have been doing successfully for the last 20 years. This is the first time I have had a problem. Edward Jones does not recognize the password Quicken is sending to them. I have checked and doubled checked the password I supposedly have stored in Quicken. I have spoken with Edward Jones support and they say everything is OK on their end. I had this exact same problem with TurboTax and it was never resolved. Many community members have been having the same exact issue.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @cav503,

Thank you for providing more information.

Are you receiving an error message when attempting to sign into your Edward Jones accounts? If so, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. 

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• cav503
    cav503 Member
    edited March 2023
    Here are the screen shots

[Screenshots Replaced and Attached in Mod's Response Below]
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @cav503,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue and providing the screenshots, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Please note that your screenshots were removed from your previous comment so we could remove sensitive information from them and replace it with info redacted which are attached at the bottom of this comment (unfortunately, our new system is giving us trouble in replacing them within your own comment).

In regard to the issue described; If you haven't already, first, please save a backup before you attempt any troubleshooting (just in case). Then, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.

1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• cav503
    cav503 Member

No luck! I had to go back to my last point and open that file. Tried syncing again and got the same error messages.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Thank you for following up.

At this point, I advise that you please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance so our support agents can collect/review your log files and file an escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.