Bank of America - Online Balance including uncleared/processing transactions

MaryEason
MaryEason Member ✭✭✭

I have submitted a report to Support. Again, the Online Balance in Quicken is including the uncleared/processing transactions at Bank of America, as was happening a couple months ago. thanks for your help.

Comments

• axman53
    axman53 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Starting 2/28 my BoA checking account no longer reconciles. I used to just download my transactions, categorize and accept them into the register, click reconcile, done. Now it appears that the balance is showing not just transactions that have been processed by the bank, but near as I can tell it's showing the balance including transactions received by the bank but not yet processed. These not yet processed transactions are of course not in my Quicken register yet, so the balance is always off. Is this a new "feature" of Quicken? If so how do I get the old behavior back?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2023

Hello @MaryEason,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. We request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. If you have already done so within the last 48 hours, then there is no need to resubmit. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
    (CTP-6049)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• grande
    grande Member ✭✭
    I had this same problem months ago, then it stopped, than it started again yesterday 3/1/2023. I have no idea what changed, nothing at this end... Reported the problem and have not heard back, still a problem 3/2/23.
  • MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭

Hello @Quicken Anja, I did report the problem within my Quicken program at the same time I submitted my comments to the Quicken Community. Thanks…

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭

@grande same issue for me - I had the problem, then it stopped, and now it's back… sigh….

• Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    same issue for me also, having an Online Balance that includes pending transactions may be additional information however it complicates the reconciliation process, and it's inconsistent with the transactions displayed since the pending transactions are not displayed

You Don't Have to Have a Point, To Have A Point

• DouglasLWarren
    DouglasLWarren Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue...had it previously and now its back. I'm on version R47.15 Build 27.1.45.15 running on windows 11 Home edition.
  • axman53
    axman53 Member ✭✭
    Ah, glad to see it's not only me! Thank you.
  • Bob@61
    Bob@61 Member ✭✭
    Same issue for me. Look forward to getting it fixed.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone contacted BofA? I suspect its their issue….. just curious….

• MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭

@Mark1104 last time this happened it was a Quicken problem. Waiting for their response before contacting BofA.

• Gopher651
    Gopher651 Member ✭✭
    Processing transactions are valid transactions and should be reflected in online balance. They just haven't been marked as clear in the bank's system yet. They are usually marked clear by the next day. Pending are not yet valid. Looks liked Quicken downloads marked items. So for processing date online won't match Quicken. Pending should not be included in online and I never seen pending included on web. If Quicken online is reflecting pending, is it calculating online or displaying the bank's online?
  • Michael Reavell
    Michael Reavell Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem.
  • mark.granoff
    mark.granoff Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue. The OP described the problem exactly correct. I have 5 checking accounts. Those with downloaded transactions and no pending processing transactions at the bank do reconcile. Those that do have pending transactions at the bank do not, and the difference is exactly equal to the sum of those pending transactions.

This issue seems to be a BoA issue though, and not a Quicken issue, near as I can tell. Given that no software updates have been applied (for Quicken), at least for me, the only variable here is BoA. (Could Quicken perhaps be smarter? Maybe.) If the bank is sending still-processing transactions, and they were not before, that seems wrong. If this is related to that botched feature from a few months ago where Quicken could show you pending transactions or something, well then, maybe it is a Quicken issue as a result of some cloud-based config change they made to re-enable that nightmare.

I hope this gets resolved QUICKELY though! Ugh.
  • Morpheus
    Morpheus Member ✭✭
    Same here. Please fix this...Quicken has become a mess since last october. I am about to cancel my subscription
  • Curtis John
    Curtis John Member
    I'm having same issues with Bank of America. Version: R47.15, Build: 27.1.47.15, running Windows 10 Enterprise.
  • mjs
    mjs Member ✭✭
    As for so many others on this forum, I have having the same issue: the Online Balance in Quicken is including the uncleared/processing transactions at Bank of America.
  • axman53
    axman53 Member ✭✭
    My account balanced this morning, and yes, there are "unprocessed" transactions online. I'm going to venture to say that whatever the problem was may now be fixed.
  • TimeCitizen
    TimeCitizen Member ✭✭
    I was able to balance my account today. Maybe the issue was resolved.
  • mjs
    mjs Member ✭✭
    Well, I wish I could say I had the same experience, @axman53 and @TimeCitizen. Yet, not for me.

There are still transactions showing online as in "processing" state, and Quickens online balance is the same as BofA's online balance — and the latter reflects those "processing" transactions. That's not how it's supposed to work.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭

I traded emails with the Office of the President on Friday afternoon and they are aware of the BofA issue and are actively working on it.

• MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

It appears that this morning all is good again - my Online Balance matches my cleared balance in Quicken which matches the BofA's cleared balance in all six of my accounts. thanks to all who commented and helped with the quick fix.

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MaryEason - are you sure? do you have any pending transactions sitting in OnLine Banking (OLB)? if no, then everything should match.

in fact, I have one pending transaction and now the online balance downloaded in Quicken is off by TWICE the amounf of the pending transaction that appears in OLB. (It's as if rather than subtracting the pending deposit from the available balance, it was ADDED to the available balance!)

still a problem.

• MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭

@Mark1104 Yes, I have five pending transactions in BofA, and they are not showing in my Quicken Online Balance (in my main acct). Sorry it's still a problem for you - it might be for me too :-) We'll see next time I download my transactions, I suppose! Thanks

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

My experience with BoA since their conversion to the EWC+ connection method several months ago is that if i download transactions in the evening, the Online balance includes pending transactions that have not been downloaded and thus the automatic reconciliation fails.

If I download early in the morning, the pending transactions clear and download and the reconciliation succeeds.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭

Jim - I update my balances in the morning and just did so - I still have the incorrect balance. .

• Bob@61
    Bob@61 Member ✭✭
    BofA and Quicken balanced correctly this morning for me. Seems fixed.
  • mjs
    mjs Member ✭✭
    The online balance for my BofA checking account in Quicken was correct today. That balance did NOT include the inflight "processing" transactions shown on BofA's website and app.

My take: It's fixed again. Hope that's true.
  • dwh_11
    dwh_11 Member ✭✭
    I am having a similar problem. My Online Balance is incorrect and I have 2 pending transactions, but if I take them into account the Online Balance is still incorrect. Is anyone else having that problem?
This discussion has been closed.